linking images to other sites from..

spikeflysspikeflys Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited July 3, 2007 in Finishing School
smugmug pro.

i seem to be able to link photos from my pro smugmug site to dpreview and other bulletin boards but others can't see them? is it because i am logged in to my smugmug site automatically? i have enabled shareing.

mahalo,

ralph raymond
leadingedgephotos.com

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    spikeflys wrote:
    smugmug pro.

i seem to be able to link photos from my pro smugmug site to dpreview and other bulletin boards but others can't see them? is it because i am logged in to my smugmug site automatically? i have enabled shareing.

mahalo,

ralph raymond
    leadingedgephotos.com

All of the following settings can prevent others from seeing the images you link on dpreview while you can see them.
    • A site password
    • A gallery password
    • External linking turned off for the gallery
    Because you are logged in or have previously supplied the gallery password or because the images are already in your browser cache, you may see images that are under password control or where external linking is turned off.

If you aren't using passwords anywhere, then it's probably the gallery customization option called "ext. links:". The "easy sharing" option has nothing to do with linking your own images on dpreview.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question