Photo replace tool in gallery not working

J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited August 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Photo replace tool in gallery uploads fine..... Just no change to pic
Color Space is RGB:dunno
I see other post with same question, but no answer's following up question.
Want to replace the photo with revised one , so I dont have to resent the link.

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Make sure you are replacing the images with files in sRGB color space and within the size limits:
    8 megabytes for standard and power users
    16 for pros
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos

Make sure you give the image time to process and refresh your browser.
  • J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    That was the problem.... Even though you can upload different color spaces. You need to make sure to convert to sRBG to use the Replace Photo tool....
    I love this forumiloveyou.gif
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    That was the problem.... Even though you can upload different color spaces. You need to make sure to convert to sRBG to use the Replace Photo tool....
    I love this forumiloveyou.gif
    You're Welcome....thumb.gif
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007

Smugmug: why is this the case?

I was going to post a support question about replace photo not working, but then I did a search and found this.

I've got images for a calendar in CMYK as that is what the printer needed. I uploaded them to my smug site assuming smug would automatically convert them to sRGB. Then later I needed to replace the back cover image. I used the replace photo tool without errors or warnings, yet later when I looked at the image I noticed the old one was still there.

Please smugmug, either accept the image and replace the original, or provide an error message saying it wasn't accepted and why.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    Smugmug: why is this the case?

I was going to post a support question about replace photo not working, but then I did a search and found this.

I've got images for a calendar in CMYK as that is what the printer needed. I uploaded them to my smug site assuming smug would automatically convert them to sRGB. Then later I needed to replace the back cover image. I used the replace photo tool without errors or warnings, yet later when I looked at the image I noticed the old one was still there.

Please smugmug, either accept the image and replace the original, or provide an error message saying it wasn't accepted and why.

I too would like to know why we can upload whatever color space, but then when we go to upload a photo replacement it only works with sRGB. This doesn't make sense... Had I not found this thread I would have been thoroughly confused since it gives no error messages or any warning indicating this when you go to use the tool.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    Hi Guys,

The images should always be uploaded in sRGB to prevent any form of color-shifting with the conversion to sRGB. See:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

The fact that when you replace a non-sRGB-but-converted-to-sRGB image with an sRGB file it doesn't work correctly is a bug on our side that we are aware of but we still need to fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope this helps.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Guys,

The images should always be uploaded in sRGB to prevent any form of color-shifting with the conversion to sRGB. See:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/srgb-versus-adobe-rgb-1998

The fact that when you replace a non-sRGB-but-converted-to-sRGB image with an sRGB file it doesn't work correctly is a bug on our side that we are aware of but we still need to fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

While you all work on the bug, could we at least get a warning message when we go to use the replace photo tool stating that the profile must be in sRGB to use replace photo? That would save lots of hassle and confusion.