Gallery/SubCategory/SubSubCategory

stefebstefeb Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited July 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Watched the video about categories, but still in the dark. Here's what I'd like to do, but can't figure out the steps in order to accomplish what I want.

So, you'd go to my homepage. See the category "Cruises". When you click on that you'd be able to see, "Princess Cruise Lines", "NCL", etc.

If you click on Princess Cruise, you'd see all the cruise we've taken. Click on "Princess 2007", then you'd see galleries for all the ports of call for that particular cruise.

Thanks.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited July 3, 2007
    stefeb wrote:
    ...See the category "Cruises". When you click on that you'd be able to see, "Princess Cruise Lines", "NCL", etc.

If you click on Princess Cruise, you'd see all the cruise we've taken. Click on "Princess 2007", then you'd see galleries for all the ports of call for that particular cruise.

Thanks.
    You're one level too deep for categorization. If you really want to split Cruises into the different cruise lines, and then within that have actual cruises - have you considered changing the top level category to include the cruise line name? For example, one category would be Cruises: Princess Cruise Lines, then have the trips as subcategories under that.

The only place I am currently using subcategories is within my Travel category (http://denise.smugmug.com/Travel) - you can look there for an example.

--- Denise
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    I'd personally just have a sub-categories for each cruise, and jump the cruise line section.

If you're a power user or pro, there is a rather complicated way to fake a sub-sub-category, but I would use it extremely rarely.
  • stefebstefeb Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Thank you to all. With your help I was able to do what I had intended, in a more simple manner.

Thanks again.