Maximum Gallery Size for Pro Accounts

gcridergcrider Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited December 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've hit this problem once before. Is there an upper limit as to how many photos you can put into a single gallery? Is it based on image count or the total space requirement for all of the images?

Thanks,

Greg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Hi, there is no maximum :)
    Upload as many as you like to a gallery.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    gcrider wrote:
    I've hit this problem once before. Is there an upper limit as to how many photos you can put into a single gallery? Is it based on image count or the total space requirement for all of the images?

Thanks,

Greg

Not sure about your gallery(s) but my Friends & Family gallery had over 470 photos.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• gcridergcrider Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Okay, that's good to know. It may have been a problem with the "Send to smugmug" application. For really large galleries, on two occassions now it said it was done after only getting halfway through the complete upload. Since I know there isn't an upper limit, I am simply restarting it and deselecting the previously uploaded images. Hopefully it will make it all the way through now.

Greg
  • yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, there is no maximum :)
    Upload as many as you like to a gallery.

Is that true of Power User accounts as well? That there is no limit to the number of photos that can be uploaded into a single gallery?

What I'd like to do is create one gallery for my all of my originals...there could be thousands. Still no maximum?
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    yoyostock wrote:
    Is that true of Power User accounts as well? That there is no limit to the number of photos that can be uploaded into a single gallery?

What I'd like to do is create one gallery for my all of my originals...there could be thousands. Still no maximum?

My largest gallery has about 510 photos in it so far. Not originals, but not small 640x480 photos either.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    I've got one gallery with 534 images and growing! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 4, 2007
    yoyostock wrote:
    Still no maximum?

Still no maximum. Fire away!

We have a keyword gallery right now with over 750,000 photos.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    I've got one with over 2000 images in it and it's fine. It's not for public viewing of the gallery itself, but where I put all my online postings that I direct link to. Works fine with that many images in it. I know there are some folks with galleries much, much bigger than mine because I remember seeing some display bugs in the pop-up page picker that got fixed that dealt with really large numbers of images.

I personally wouldn't tempt fate and do something massive. Even if there aren't any serious bugs at super large sizes (something I'm not sure I would count on), some gallery maintenance operations load all thumbs and that can be pretty painfully long and inefficient when there are tens of thousands of images. A backup gallery can always be grouped by year or by quarter or something like that to keep the total count from getting ridiculously large.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • yoyostockyoyostock Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:

Wow, excellent! Thanks!
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:

That is impressive. Mind pointing me in the direction to see? Curiosity and all.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    I just tried using Smuglr to move about 14,000 pics from flickr to smugmug; only 3956 or so transfered... I looked in the log, and it tells me that there were a number of errors; but, oddly, the transfer seemed to just not complete. Smuglr said it had been done, but, I'm missing 10,000 images! :)

http://drdavid.smugmug.com
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    bham wrote:
    That is impressive. Mind pointing me in the direction to see? Curiosity and all.

It's presumably http://www.smugmug.com/keyword/all/wedding with 750901 photos