Options

Top of the Mark night pano

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited July 4, 2007 in Landscapes
Had a great time visiting my daughter. Brought my camera up to the top of the Mark Hopkins hotel, set it down on the bench by the window and too two. My eyes were on anyone trying to sit down there, lol, crowded.
167260121-O.jpg
tnx for looking! If you are ever up there you've got to see that view!

Comments

• Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Beautiful night shot! One of the best images I've seen from the Mark.
    But how did you get to be in SF with no fog?
    Did you make a special order?
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2007
    HarlanBear wrote:
    Beautiful night shot! One of the best images I've seen from the Mark.
    But how did you get to be in SF with no fog?
    Did you make a special order?
    ha, thnx Harlanne_nau.gif I was lucky! Sunny all last week and a little warmer than usual. I was thrilled because strapped for time on the trip.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Beautiful shot indeed!! Very sharp with great exposure!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Wow! That's a stunner! Congratulations! clap.gifwings.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    Wow
    I've never been up there. It's been a beautiful week here, with only one day of fog. Of course tomorrow is the 4th, and we attend fireworks on the coast, and we are often fogged in. I'm hoping for some clear weather. Anyway, gorgeous photo!
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    I've never been up there. It's been a beautiful week here, with only one day of fog. Of course tomorrow is the 4th, and we attend fireworks on the coast, and we are often fogged in. I'm hoping for some clear weather. Anyway, gorgeous photo!

Dee, I didn't even get a chance to do the rest of the pano. This was only one side. You should go up, order a drink and shoot a few. Or I didn't even stay, just did the two photos right at the top of the elevator in the waiting room. Alot of fun. I joined two photos, luckily they focused similarly and their bench was level, lol. Sharpened, saturated a little more blue levels to offset eveything looking orangy. Cloned over the sky a bit because of glass reflections.
    thnx everyone.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    Good Idea
    Netgarden wrote:
    Dee, I didn't even get a chance to do the rest of the pano. This was only one side. You should go up, order a drink and shoot a few. Or I didn't even stay, just did the two photos right at the top of the elevator in the waiting room. Alot of fun. I joined two photos, luckily they focused similarly and their bench was level, lol. Sharpened, saturated a little more blue levels to offset eveything looking orangy. Cloned over the sky a bit because of glass reflections.
    thnx everyone.

I'll have to try that -- go up, and take photos from the top of the elevator. Is that the one with the glass elevator on the side? The ride alone would be cool! :D
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    I'll have to try that -- go up, and take photos from the top of the elevator. Is that the one with the glass elevator on the side? The ride alone would be cool! :D
    Nah, it's a typical elevator indoors. The first one you walk up to just hit the top floor button, might say something like TM on it. Worth the ride, you'll see the ebnch on the right. But they say the view is better from in the bar to the right side.