Photoshop User and Layers Magazine

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 24, 2007 in Finishing School
[imgl]http://www.photoshopuser.com/members/images/magazine/covers/july-2007_large.jpg[/imgl] If you are not a member of NAPP, you are missing out on tons of great stuff.

Download a sample.

The current issue has great workflow stuff for CS3 and Lightroom (they recently combined "Darkroom for Lightroom" into Photoshop User).

You can buy this mag at bigger newsstands (~$10USD each), but if you join NAPP you get it free.

[imgl]http://www.layersmagazine.com/images/magazine/covers/july07.jpg[/imgl] Layers Magazine, is about all the Adobe Creative Suite products, with loads of amazing Design Tips and instruction. This month, they feature a discussion on designing photography websites. Tres cool.

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2007
    clap.gif Hot Damn!!! I just subscribed to Layers. It looks great. Thanks, Andy!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    clap.gif Hot Damn!!! I just subscribed to Layers. It looks great. Thanks, Andy!
    Smart lady deal.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    I love Photoshop User, outstanding magazine. Great tips, super visuals, incredibly helpful.

I asked them to stop sending me Layers, pointless if you only use Photoshop. Last time I read it, I felt it spread itself too thin. A smidge on each product, no depth.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 6, 2007
    I'm with Sid, here.

I like Photoshop User and find it informative and helpful.

But since my interest is only in Photoshop and Lightroom, Layers has little of value to me. I dropped my subscription also.

Great minds, eh Sid??!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • dhlewisdhlewis Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    NAPP Discounts
    Also, members of NAPP get some outstanding discounts for example on Apple, Adobe , Noiseware, free shipping at B&H and many more.

dale@dhlewisphotography.com
    http://dhlewisphotography.com
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    If you are not a member of NAPP, you are missing out on tons of great stuff.

Like what? headscratch.gif:D

Clicking on a link and reading is so cumbersome! wings.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    I asked them to stop sending me Layers, pointless if you only use Photoshop.

I've found it to be really helpful in areas of design I'm interested in - type, graphics, and more.
  • HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    I agree with Andy and the others. NAPP is great! The Photoshop User mag and their on-line tutes alone are worth the membership cost. Not to mention discounts on purchases.

Oh, heck, I mentioned discounts after saying I wouldn't.
    DAMN ME ALL TO HELL!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I've found it to be really helpful in areas of design I'm interested in - type, graphics, and more.
    That makes sense. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I'm a member and I get both magazines. I adore Layers - I work with inDesign and Illustrator as well as Photoshop. I can't believe I get paid for it!
  • Scott_TScott_T Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    A little late to this thread....Been busy shooting and photoshopping..Laughing.gif

Anyhow I swear by NAPP. The photoshop magazine is really quite good.

And the discounts really help. Just yesterday I ordered 2 rolls of seamless paper from B&H. Because of my NAPP discount, I saved $20 with the free shipping for NAPP members....Great deal.

Layers I am luke warm about as I am only a PS user...Although I want to lean illustrator pretty badly...Laughing.gif

Regards,
    Scott
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Yep great mag and free shipping from B&H
    What else could you ask for ?

Fred
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    I subbed to NAPP not so lomg ago and haven't really taken advantage of all the great tuts yet (where's th time?) - anyway - peeps should be aware that their mags will only be available to subbers outside the US as a download in future:cry
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • OTTOTT Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 24, 2007
    I intended to sign up as a member of NAPP, changed my mind because only the on-line version of the magazine is available to me. I suggested paying the additional postage that will be incurred due to overseas shipping, but the idea was rejected by its staff. What a disappointment!
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2007
    OTT wrote:
    I intended to sign up as a member of NAPP, changed my mind because only the on-line version of the magazine is available to me. I suggested paying the additional postage that will be incurred due to overseas shipping, but the idea was rejected by its staff. What a disappointment!

Much discussion on tis at Napp forums, NAPPs reply to the objections was that if we tought NAPP was mostly about the Mag were really hadn't understood what NAPP was about

Well I guess that means we have to explore and find out because I certainly don't know what it's about except for the online tuts but some of those need paying for

Perhaps there's a section I haven't found yet which describes the benefits blow by blow for newbies?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..