Problem Uploading Pics

rajulrajul Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited July 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi!

I am new member and recently subscribed with smugmug power user.

I have successfully uploaded my pics via my home pc using the dial up service using my laptop although not all of the pics got uploaded.

My problem is, i tried to upload my pics via my office connection using my laptop and office pc but this message keep on poping up "java.IOException: server returned an unrecognized response".

FYI, i used firefox browser and updated the java thing. Thanks in advance.

edit: I have problem uploading using drag and drop but works fine with olde faithful

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    rajul wrote:
    Hi!

I am new member and recently subscribed with smugmug power user.

I have successfully uploaded my pics via my home pc using the dial up service using my laptop although not all of the pics got uploaded.

My problem is, i tried to upload my pics via my office connection using my laptop and office pc but this message keep on poping up "java.IOException: server returned an unrecognized response".

FYI, i used firefox browser and updated the java thing. Thanks in advance.

edit: I have problem uploading using drag and drop but works fine with olde faithful
    wave.gif

Hi,

It sounds like you'll need to get a new version of Java. Please go to http://www.java.com/ and click on the link near the top that says "Do I have Java?" This will take you to another page that will verify your Java installation and will direct you to an appropriate place to update it.

If you need more help, you can reply in here or you can email us at help@smugmug.com.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • rajulrajul Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    wave.gif

Hi,

It sounds like you'll need to get a new version of Java. Please go to http://www.java.com/ and click on the link near the top that says "Do I have Java?" This will take you to another page that will verify your Java installation and will direct you to an appropriate place to update it.

If you need more help, you can reply in here or you can email us at help@smugmug.com.

Thanks for your reply Mike.

I have updated my Java for both computers, if you read my problem above, it was weird because at my office i can't upload (drag and drop) using both my office pc and my laptop but i can upload the pics using the same laptop at home. One more thing, i can upload (olde faithful) with no problem for both computers in my office but i don't prefer that method because i have thousands of pics to upload.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    rajul wrote:
    Thanks for your reply Mike.

I have updated my Java for both computers, if you read my problem above, it was weird because at my office i can't upload (drag and drop) using both my office pc and my laptop but i can upload the pics using the same laptop at home. One more thing, i can upload (olde faithful) with no problem for both computers in my office but i don't prefer that method because i have thousands of pics to upload.
    Sounds like your office is blocking some communications between you and SmugMug. Uploading requires two-way communication and your place of work may say "no" - check w/ your IT folks?
    edited July 6, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sounds like your office is blocking some communications between you and SmugMug. Uploading requires two-way communication and your place of work may say "no" - check w/ your IT folks?

Thanks andy for your kind reply

If the office IT block the communication, why did i successfully uplaod using olde faithful method?

My be it detects any uploading that is more than certain megabytes ... ya it is possible!! I will try uploading it again using batches of small megabytes next time.

Thanks andy, will keep u informed.
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    rajul wrote:
    Thanks andy for your kind reply

If the office IT block the communication, why did i successfully uplaod using olde faithful method?

My be it detects any uploading that is more than certain megabytes ... ya it is possible!! I will try uploading it again using batches of small megabytes next time.

Thanks andy, will keep u informed.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the java uploader being blocked?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited July 6, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Perhaps it has something to do with the java uploader being blocked?

That's possible.

It is now worked using uploading with microsoft internet explorer drag and drop ... it could be mozilla blocking the communcation ... i don't know

it's time to proceed yeahhhmwink.gif

Thanks guys for your respose ..