Praise for MCVR...Morgantown Camera & Video Repair

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited July 5, 2007 in Cameras
I bought my 20D in February of 05, I put 10k+ acuations on it from Feb-Dec. It became my backup in April of 06 when I bought a 30D, but still racked up 20k accuations in 06, and 5k so far this year. On Father's day at a HOT outdoor wedding it started acting up, err99's and no flash sync, I cleaned the body and lens contacts but I didn't expect that it had much life in it. I used it lightly the next week, then decided to try and kill it. I took it to the AST Dew tour, and laid into the motordrive. A 90 degree + day and err99 city, I could get off 2 shots if I was lucky then it would freeze up and need to be restarted. I didn't have wedding the weekend of June 30th so I decided to send it in for repair. Being out of warranty I searched out alternatives to Canon service (typically a 270-300 dollar repair). I decided to send it to MCVR. I sent it UPS 6/26 I got the camera back today, cleaned and new shutter installed for 170 dollars.
Their service, packaging, communication, and turn around time are AWESOME. I highly recommend them for replacing tired old 20D shutters especially if you don't have an extended/factory warranty to fall back on. 300 dollars for this service in a 20D is almost a deal killer for me, but 170 dollar ensures I will have my sweet 20D love goin on until they replace the 30D and beyond.