Opinions on new Tamron Lens

MoroCyclerMoroCycler Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited July 8, 2007 in Cameras
Hello Friends:
I will like to have some advice on a new lens that I saw advertised on a photo magazine.

It is the Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical.

I own a Canon 350D Digital rebel XT Camera.

And recently bought a Tamron 70-300 tele. Also have a 18-55 Canon lens

I thought that new lens (advertised) could give me a wider range of possibilities (summed to the lenses I already have) for all around photos.

What do you think? :scratch

Humberto

Comments

• Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    Go for it ;P.

MoroCycler wrote:
    Hello Friends:
    I will like to have some advice on a new lens that I saw advertised on a photo magazine.

It is the Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical.

I own a Canon 350D Digital rebel XT Camera.

And recently bought a Tamron 70-300 tele. Also have a 18-55 Canon lens

I thought that new lens (advertised) could give me a wider range of possibilities (summed to the lenses I already have) for all around photos.

What do you think? headscratch.gif

Humberto
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    I've used that lens ... it is a very sharp and a very nice lens. As sharp or sharper than the Canon EF-S IS lens in that range. Not built as nice but a lot of lens for the $$.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    i have the tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for nikon. i'm VERY happy with the lens. i just shot a couple of weddings this weekend and it spent almost the entire time in use on one of my 2 nikon d200s.

AF is pretty quick, and not quiet internal focusing like Canon USM or Nikon SWM but it does the job nicely especially at a very nice pricepoint. i'm quite happy with mine.

high marks for sharpness, very little barrel distortion, responsive AF

of course, i'd wish for silent focusing, non-extending barrel, and i'd buy the nikon prime if i had the money... but at the price, who can complain?
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto