Options

Ch 32: Green - now accepting comments

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited February 17, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    I like the green look... however, it seems a bit dark, at least on my screen. I would like to see more of the palm backdropped by the blue sky. I think that would make the green stand out more in the building and the palms.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2005
    johno wrote:
    I like the green look... however, it seems a bit dark, at least on my screen. I would like to see more of the palm backdropped by the blue sky. I think that would make the green stand out more in the building and the palms.

peace.
    johno~
    johno, thanks for the input. ordinarily I would agree but this is as natural as it comes for this challenge, "predominant color / no photoshop". It was dark, cold and cloudy yesterday in LA and this shot is as true as I could muster. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    johno, thanks for the input. ordinarily I would agree but this is as natural as it comes for this challenge, "predominant color / no photoshop". It was dark, cold and cloudy yesterday in LA and this shot is as true as I could muster. ne_nau.gif
    I like it very much.. if you did want to lighten it a tad or contrast you can in this challenge.. you could curve it just a tad and use unsharpmask as well.. just no major cropping, or cloning or real "photoshop". Only what you'd do in a dark room.. sorta.. kinda..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I like it very much.. if you did want to lighten it a tad or contrast you can in this challenge.. you could curve it just a tad and use unsharpmask as well.. just no major cropping, or cloning or real "photoshop". Only what you'd do in a dark room.. sorta.. kinda..rolleyes1.gif
    OK, let me give it a shot.

OK Lynn, johno, hope this is better ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    I like this better... I keep forgetting about the "RULES":uhoh I like seeing the palm trees in this photo. Corp jungle vs. real jungle. Very nice.thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2005
    well you were right, a little extra "snap" helped the trees pop-out. and I'm glad I could do this within the rules. Thank you. Oh and BTW, "corporate jungle"??? brilliant! I never would've thought of that! mwink.gif
    johno wrote:
    I like this better... I keep forgetting about the "RULES":uhoh I like seeing the palm trees in this photo. Corp jungle vs. real jungle. Very nice.thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    yeah, that's better
    The first version looked like your white balance was off.
    Angelo wrote:
    OK, let me give it a shot.

OK Lynn, johno, hope this is better ne_nau.gif
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    The first version looked like your white balance was off.
    Thanks Adrian