LPS#8 Idea

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 8, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Splash

170538886-L.jpg

I will enter it now just to make sure I don't miss it at all, but I'll all :ear for C&C:thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Nik, I know you want nothing less than my honest opinion so ...

I think it is too abstract. I don't really get it and I don't know where to look. I think you could come up with something better using this same idea though.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    seastack wrote:
    Nik, I know you want nothing less than my honest opinion so ...

I think it is too abstract. I don't really get it and I don't know where to look. I think you could come up with something better using this same idea though.

Thomas,
    thank you, I DO appreciate the no-sugar responses. thumb.gif

The thing is - my other ideas require some assitance and some traveling, and since I'm not gonna get any of (1) before the challenge ends there is no point of getting into (2):-)

So I guess my hope is that judges-to-be love "abstract" mwink.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Nik..
    I get where you're going but this doesn't have the pizzaz you're after. The b&w takes away from it even more.....now, with colors, backlighting and some dodge & burn...yea, could be the ticket. Sorry I haven't been around at all...I mean at all.....way too much going on these past 3 weeks. I'll keep an eye out for your progressions.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    I like the concept, but it doesn't say 'explosive' to me.
    edited July 7, 2007
    David,
    Swartzy wrote:
    I get where you're going but this doesn't have the pizzaz you're after. The b&w takes away from it even more.....now, with colors, backlighting and some dodge & burn...yea, could be the ticket. Sorry I haven't been around at all...I mean at all.....way too much going on these past 3 weeks. I'll keep an eye out for your progressions.

Thank you!
    Anything like that?
    170588916-O.jpg
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Nik, I'm not sure how you went about creating this, if it is a capture of a piece of ice dropping into the glass, or if it is a layered project, but..

What I see is a certain lack of clarity in the whole image, and in the crystal especially. It bothers me that the glass seems "off." It might be the size and resolution of the posted image, not sure. Can you do something to solidify that? Is the glass anchored for the variou layers so that it's the same glass? Is it vibrating somehow?.....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited July 7, 2007
    Mark,
    HoofClix wrote:
    Nik, I'm not sure how you went about creating this, if it is a capture of a piece of ice dropping into the glass, or if it is a layered project, but..

What I see is a certain lack of clarity in the whole image, and in the crystal especially. It bothers me that the glass seems "off." It might be the size and resolution of the posted image, not sure. Can you do something to solidify that? Is the glass anchored for the variou layers so that it's the same glass? Is it vibrating somehow?.....

Thank you!

For one, I can assure you, there is no ice involved whatsoever. As to the layers. there are some, but not to the extent of distorting anything..
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Well then, it has to be the way I'm viewing it.. I far prefer your bw image to the rainbowed.....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited July 7, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Well then, it has to be the way I'm viewing it.. I far prefer your bw image to the rainbowed.....
    Me too, actually.. Just testing the waters :-)
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Sorry Nik, I didn't even "see" the glass....I thought it was a splash of water, until I read HC's comment. I like the b/w far better than the rainbow one. If the colored one had more detail and more of the glass was included i.e. stem, I probably would have gone for that one. The b/w makes the water appear sharper.

I didn't help much....sorry it's late.

Good luck with whichever you enter.

donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited July 8, 2007
    Dave,
    dlscott56 wrote:
    I like the concept, but it doesn't say 'explosive' to me.
    ne_nau.gif
    Thank anyway! thumb.gif
    edited July 8, 2007
    Donna,
    Tentacion wrote:
    Sorry Nik, I didn't even "see" the glass....I thought it was a splash of water, until I read HC's comment. I like the b/w far better than the rainbow one. If the colored one had more detail and more of the glass was included i.e. stem, I probably would have gone for that one. The b/w makes the water appear sharper.

I didn't help much....sorry it's late.

Good luck with whichever you enter.

donna
    Thank, I may need it:-) thumb.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Black and white. thumb.gif

Virginia

Email
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007