My Fireworks Thread!!

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited July 8, 2007 in Holy Macro
My wife and I went over to a my friend Scott's house Wednesday evening for a fireworks show he was putting on. Scott has his Class B fireworks license and lives for July 4th. He had gotten half a ton of fireworks to shoot off that night. We got there around 9pm and they were just starting to shoot them off. All the neighbors were out in their yards, some of them had music or grills going. For the next 2 hours and 45 minutes we watched the best fireworks show I've ever seen!

This was the first time I had tried taking pictures of fireworks with a decent setup. I was using my XTi with kit lens at 18mm. Exposures were ISO 100, f-stop from 8 to 16 or so, and shutter speeds between 2 and 6 seconds. I think I came up with some pretty good ones!! Some of them look pretty cluttered, but that is because of the style of fireworks. Scott like grand finales, so he had a 3 minute grand finale about ever 30 minutes!!

You can view the full gallery here.

Hope you enjoy!!

170287363-M.jpg170287467-M.jpg

170288754-M.jpg170280399-M.jpg

170289422-M.jpg

170281375-M.jpg170282551-M.jpg

170283159-M.jpg170285112-M.jpg

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Looks like some good ones to me
    Good job

Love the shots of the people watching the fireworks (in your gallery)
    Sometimes those are the best shots :D

Fred
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    My wife and I went over to a my friend Scott's house Wednesday evening for a fireworks show he was putting on. Scott has his Class B fireworks license and lives for July 4th. He had gotten half a ton of fireworks to shoot off that night. We got there around 9pm and they were just starting to shoot them off. All the neighbors were out in their yards, some of them had music or grills going. For the next 2 hours and 45 minutes we watched the best fireworks show I've ever seen!

This was the first time I had tried taking pictures of fireworks with a decent setup. I was using my XTi with kit lens at 18mm. Exposures were ISO 100, f-stop from 8 to 16 or so, and shutter speeds between 2 and 6 seconds. I think I came up with some pretty good ones!! Some of them look pretty cluttered, but that is because of the style of fireworks. Scott like grand finales, so he had a 3 minute grand finale about ever 30 minutes!!

You can view the full gallery here.

Hope you enjoy!!

Wow your allowed to just let them off in the street ???? eek7.gif gawwd!
    Most folks love to see fireworks displays, all you hear is owwwwwwww ahhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh hehehe!
    They just don't last long enough :D
    Nice work, glad you had a great time ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow your allowed to just let them off in the street ???? eek7.gif gawwd!
    Most folks love to see fireworks displays, all you hear is owwwwwwww ahhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhh hehehe!
    They just don't last long enough :D
    Nice work, glad you had a great time ..... Skippy

Lol, yeah, I'm not really sure if it was completely legal or not. But he had talked to all of the neighbors, and they were all ok with it. Everyone was out on their lawns, people were grilling, had music playing, it was a good time for quite a few people. I would think that there is probably something legally wrong with setting off Class B fireworks in a neighborhood, but I wasn't complaining! It's not often you get to sit 20 feet from a two and a half hour long fireworks show!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Beautiful shots ! very nice sky
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery