Photo Books?

lewinmglewinmg Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Will smugmug ever have the ability to get photo books printed of a certain set of uploaded photos?

-mark

Comments

• swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    lewinmg wrote:
    Will smugmug ever have the ability to get photo books printed of a certain set of uploaded photos?

-mark

I have to say that I agree that would definately be a cool feature,and I would love to see it!
    It would be good either as an account holder perk or as an option for people to order.
    I would definately enjoy it:)
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    I actually e-mailed Smugmug a few months back about this and they said they are working on it. :)
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    I actually e-mailed Smugmug a few months back about this and they said they are working on it. :)

There are lots of other book publishers out there now too. I've tried blurb with decent results for the price. The quality might not be portfolio-quality, but it's sure a lot easier to pull out a 8x10 hardbound book and flip to a photo to show a potential client than haul your port around everywhere.

But again, there are many other publishers out there. Maybe SM would consider a partnership with one of those companies?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 9, 2007
    lewinmg wrote:

-mark

I sure hope so! :D

We are definitely planning on it, and working towards it. As you can imagine, it isn't as easy as adding a new SKU to the cart, as you have to actually build the book with your photos...etc etc.

So yeah, we really really want to add photo books. But the answer is the dreaded "I don't know when". rolleyes1.gif
    Smug since 2003
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Ben wrote:
    I sure hope so! :D

So yeah, we really really want to add photo books. But the answer is the dreaded "I don't know when". rolleyes1.gif

Having to upload photos to two different sites (Smugmug and a photobook site) is a pain in the U-Know-What...a pain instantly turned in to clap.gif when Smugmug figures out how to do it (still sounds like "virtual galleries" have to figure into the equation somehow).

If you could just promise you'll add this capability before it's too late (as in, "before all the people to whom I would most like to send photo books die off....:cry "), I'll be happy.:D