Any rumor of

Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
edited July 11, 2007 in Cameras
A Canon 450D or 40D or anythying else to be introduced this fall?

This is all I have found

http://www.dphotojournal.com/canon-dslr-camera-rumors-in-2007/
I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
Canon 40D
Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw

Comments

• mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    I stopped reading the dpreview.com 10D/20D/30D forum a while back because there was hardly anything but 40D rumor threads. If Canon is on the same schedule that they have been, they'll probably release the 40D in 6-12 months, and a 450D in 12-18 months. Then again, they may not depending on what else they have going on and what Nikon et al are doing.

But what do you care? You shoot film!:D
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Rumors? Yep, the various photo fora are rife with them. They're always around, and none of them are based on anything other than speculation and fantasy. Nobody who knows anything is saying anything (and is less likely to hang out with we geeks anyway ne_nau.gif). I pretty much ignore any rumor threads--no real info in them at all. If Canon has anything coming out, they'll announce it when it suits them and in the meantime they are about a half-dozen models of DSLR that at least one of will suit your needs quite well. deal.gif
  • Duckys54Duckys54 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Rumors? Yep, the various photo fora are rife with them. They're always around, and none of them are based on anything other than speculation and fantasy. Nobody who knows anything is saying anything (and is less likely to hang out with we geeks anyway ne_nau.gif). I pretty much ignore any rumor threads--no real info in them at all. If Canon has anything coming out, they'll announce it when it suits them and in the meantime they are about a half-dozen models of DSLR that at least one of will suit your needs quite well. deal.gif

True true, but if something like the 30D's price would drop because of a newer model, well, let's just say I wouldn't have any more spare change.

Also, I'm hoping to get a Canon dSLR sometime this fall and at the very latest by March (band trip to Ireland for a weekwings.gif)
    I am Trevor and I have upgraded:
    Canon 40D
    Canon EF-S 17-85 IS

http://www.flickr.com/trevaftw
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    what would an upgrade to the 30D be? 12 mp's and that shaky-dusty thing? unless its a full frame, ill keep my 30D. Boy id love to see an affordable FF camera! (something I can afford that is... like maybe $5.99? lol)
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Yep rumor is announcement in August/September out in November in time for Christmas rush.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    Boy id love to see an affordable FF camera! (something I can afford that is... like maybe $5.99? lol)

Here are a number of them. 9496500-Ti.gif Shipping is over $6.00 on most. Hope that doesn't break your budget.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    what would an upgrade to the 30D be? 12 mp's and that shaky-dusty thing? unless its a full frame, ill keep my 30D. Boy id love to see an affordable FF camera! (something I can afford that is... like maybe $5.99? lol)
    10 MP CMOS similar to the XTi and with the anti-dust feature. Slightly improved buffer, DIGIC III chip. Better focusing (by a little). It'll be announced in September. Who wants to bet me?
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
    edited July 10, 2007
    zacker wrote:

Another, more reliable option. deal.gifthumb (If you can't find an affordable one in there, you need a new hobby...)

I wouldn't hold my breath for FF--that's reserved for the 5D I think. I don't get the fascination anyway, what IS FF? Medium- and Large-Format shooters certainly don't consider 24x36mm FF. ne_nau.gif If we are all honest, for 99% of our needs the current CMOS chips have more than enough pixels. I want to see better quality pixels rather than higher quantity first. They can keep their silly anti-dust thing, all that is is something else to break and more cost--I'm doing just fine without it.

Argh, now see what you've made me do? I'm posting in a speculation thread! Sigh. :bash
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Another, more reliable option. deal.gifthumb (If you can't find an affordable one in there, you need a new hobby...)

Well, he didn't say affordable FF digital camera ..... :heh :heh :heh
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
    edited July 11, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    Well, he didn't say affordable FF digital camera ..... :heh :heh :heh

Nope, digital was not specified, so away we went. :gigglebeer.gif