Options

That time of Year Again: Albion Basion Wildflower Scenics

Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited July 9, 2007 in Landscapes
I love this time of year--makes me itchy all over, wanting to capture as much as possible in the short period of time when the wildflowers are peaking. There just aren't enought hours in the day (or enough magic hours, at least...) All of these were taken at Alta Ski Area in Albion Basin.
For any viewing that would care to offer some insight, I struggled quite a bit with my into the sun starburst shot. I knew exactly what I wanted, but was having a hard time getting it. The shot posted is actually a combination of two exposures (which may be the answer..) but I prefer to do as much on site as possible to obtain an accurate image. I shot this with a 2-stop grad ND. Tried to stack another 1 stop Grad ND with it, but was just looking very unnatural. I've recently looked into a reverse Grad ND, which looks like it may have been quite useful in this situation. This exposure is particularly hard to balance since even though the sun is "setting" below the mountain, it's still fairly high in the sky. Any advice/insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2171&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2166&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2169&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2173&g2_serialNumber=2
It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Wow! These are beautiful! It's hard to choose a favorite...but I think the first two stand out for me the most, just by a smidge! The colors, the light, the textures...all captured so wonderfully! I can see why you like to shoot there. Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    I'm so jealouse of you scenery!! #2 appeals to me the best!! Excellent shots clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Beautiful shots. Numbers 2 and 4 my favorites.