Access to originals?

scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
edited July 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Been dragging my feet for almost a year in signing up with SM.. what a dork! took the plunge yesterday and i am in love. great site, easy to use, i am obsessed with it. Just one question though, is there a way for me to get quick access to the originals from a gallery where they are blocked? I know i can change the settings to allow them, download the image, and then change the gallery settings again, that just seems like a lot of work. Seems like if I am logged in, the size links on the image should still show original. Am I missing something?

Comments

• scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    damn, meant to post this in SM support, can a mod please move it?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    I'm sorry, there is not such a feature. I wish I had a better answer for you, but I do not.

Thanks for joining us!
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    f00sion wrote:
    Been dragging my feet for almost a year in signing up with SM.. what a dork! took the plunge yesterday and i am in love. great site, easy to use, i am obsessed with it. Just one question though, is there a way for me to get quick access to the originals from a gallery where they are blocked? I know i can change the settings to allow them, download the image, and then change the gallery settings again, that just seems like a lot of work. Seems like if I am logged in, the size links on the image should still show original. Am I missing something?

I'm not from Smugmug, but just so you know you aren't alone, this has been requested by many other folks and it does make sense that it should be easy for the logged in owner to be able to get access to originals. Hopefully, it will get to the top of Smugmug's feature list sometime soon.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • CenterStageLoriCenterStageLori Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    A workaround for this is to
    1. create a private gallery with originals turned on
    2. make a second copy of the photo you want the original of
    3. Move the second copy into your private gallery
    4. Download the original

I use this method all of the time, and while it takes a few extra clicks, it works for me.