Options

Changing Seattle Skyline

SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited July 12, 2007 in Landscapes
Seattle downtown is changing again. The center building that is shining in the sun is the new WaMu Center (Washington Mutual headquarters). If you look carefully in the front of the WaMu Center, there is a crane that is building the new Four Seasons Hotel due to open in 2008-9.

122237366-L.jpg
Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I love this photo...I love city skylines

I know you didn't ask but...I wish it had more contrast still love it

Fred
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Nice city scape!! can this also be shot at sun set or sun rise? im imagining the golden light reflecting off the buildings!!!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Nice handling of the BW conversion. Nice contrast in the buildings and sky.
  • Options
    SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    Nice city scape!! can this also be shot at sun set or sun rise? im imagining the golden light reflecting off the buildings!!!

Thanks for the comment. Sure it could be, but... this is taken from a ferry that I take to work every day. I go to work on the 4:50am ferry, a little early for the a sun rise. For a sunset that is at the timing when I go home it will be closer to winter.
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • Options
    LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Nice capture! thumb.gif If you think (and I'm sure SirArmstrong doesn't since he lives in the area) the Seattle skyline is changing, look at the Bellevue skyline... Last count from one of my client's windows I saw 13 cranes, and I know there's more than that.

Here's another view of the downtown Seattle skyline, 24 floors up near the Cinerama theater.
    CRW_3942.jpeg
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"