Trials meet

DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
edited July 10, 2007 in Sports
I got to watch my first trials event in person Sunday. it was a local meet that a friend helped organize. I did not get much panning practice:rofl but had a great time.

171428868-L.jpg

# 2
171428624-L.jpg

# 3
171428922-L.jpg

# 4
171428610-L.jpg

Thanks for looking

Mike
Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!

Comments

• maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    #1 and #3 are good, as it "explains" visually what is involved (I used to do a little of this a looooooong time ago back home in the UK and still haven't lost the ability to balance a machine almost indefinately)

#2 and #4 are kinda ordinary (nice colour etc but lack the story element...)

Got any more?

Andrew :)
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Some nice shots. But I learned on my first trials shoot is location is key. I am posting some of my first shoot. The hardest thing I found was the point of view for the differant rider levels riding close to the same line and finding the vantage point to capture all the riders doing thier thing. Keep shooting. thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • DesertRatDesertRat Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Thanks for the comments. The idea of a story being told got me thinking about what story I saw unfolding. The skill of the riders and the difficulty of the terrain was not really what I felt. The wide range of ages, skills, fitness, and machines combined with a family atmosphere was what made the day not only some good shooting practice(which I certainly need!) but a treat. I saw right away that I had a lot to learn about the sport and how best to capture it.

here are a couple more.

171754631-L.jpg

171754600-L.jpg

171754654-L.jpg

Mike
    Looking for adventure in all the wrong places!
  • 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I'll give you guys a hint.............trials riders do not like pictures of themselves, with their feet on the ground.rolleyes1.gif