Can I make a request?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited July 12, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Next round, can we keep the judges choices in a different thread from the entrant picks of which are best?

I read through that thread and realized that a few people posted their own choices - and they weren't judges - in the judges feedback thread... I got really confused for a bit! LOL!:scratch :rofl

Not trying to be a pain! Just thought it would be less confusing!

Thanks so much!
:D

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif

it was a little confusing!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Ooooorrrrrr........
    Can we keep all of the picks in one thread and then we pick the judges that we prefer? rolleyes1.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    As one guilty of putting opinions in that thread, I'm fine with it next time around. Notice also that we don't have the formal feedback from all of the listed judges, and from the listed winners, it would seem that the unlisted judges voted entirely differently.

I for one will abide by it! I guess we need Nik to formally open the thread for "Innocent Standbyer Critique?"ne_nau.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    Can we keep all of the picks in one thread and then we pick the judges that we prefer? rolleyes1.gif

Hee hee! I like this way! ;)rolleyes1.gif
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I am a guily party that you are mentioning but only because Shay offered that up in the original post
    This is the thread for the judges to offer feedback and is also open to anyone else who wants to offer some constructive comments on the entries for LPS#8.

I always appreciate feedback and the judges often only supply it for 10-15 so about 100 were not going to receive any. Therefore I tried to comment on all of them- don't worry- that was not easy and I don't plan to do that for every LPS Challenge. :D
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Notice also that we don't have the formal feedback from all of the listed judges, and from the listed winners, it would seem that the unlisted judges voted entirely differently.

turns out there were only two judges (thebigsky and indiegirl) who listed their top ten in the thread? Last night when I was reading, i also assumed others were judges based on the detailed feedback, so I had already conceded a loss. Then Shay posted the actual results, and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Historically we don't get judges' feedback until AFTER the results are posted, so there was definitely a reverse tease going on last night! rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I am a guily party that you are mentioning but only because Shay offered that up in the original post

I always appreciate feedback and the judges often only supply it for 10-15 so about 100 were not going to receive any. Therefore I tried to comment on all of them- don't worry- that was not easy and I don't plan to do that for every LPS Challenge. :D

Oh, gosh! I'm not whining at ALL about getting feedback from people! Laughing.gif! Actually, I thought you WERE a judge - I never looked at the list!

I'd love to have feedback from anyone that wants to give it to me! I'd just like to keep the judges feedback separate so that I get a better feel for what they say. That's all!

Definitely NOT beating anyone up in the least! Laughing.gif!

Best idea I've heard all day! rolleyes1.gif

As one guilty of putting opinions in that thread, I'm fine with it next time around. Notice also that we don't have the formal feedback from all of the listed judges, and from the listed winners, it would seem that the unlisted judges voted entirely differently.

I for one will abide by it! I guess we need Nik to formally open the thread for "Innocent Standbyer Critique?"ne_nau.gif

I think anyone can open a thread like that! Laughing.gif!

And yup, it does seem the formal judges voted different from the entrants. Interesting how everyone votes, isn't it?!?

Thanks, all! Seriously, not trying to be a pain. My little brain can't handle all that confusion. rolleyes1.gif:D
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    That would be my fault :cry

I wanted to get the feedback thread up and ready sooner than it has taken in the past, but turns out it was too soon. Sorry about that. From now on the feedback thread will come after the results are posted.

I also agree about there needing to be an indicator of judge and non-judge, but I do want to make it easy for anyone to offer feedback, not just the judges.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Sorry if I posted too soon or in the wrong place. It was the first time I had really dug into critiquing the images. Thought I could based upon Shay's original post in that thread.
    This is the thread for the judges to offer feedback and is also open to anyone else who wants to offer some constructive comments on the entries for LPS#8.

But after reading all the various pre- & post- threads/comments, it seems that freaks some people out. Mea Culpa!

:whip
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I also agree about there needing to be an indicator of judge and non-judge, but I do want to make it easy for anyone to offer feedback, not just the judges.

So maybe a good solution would be to have both a judges' feedback thread AND an open feedback thread. I think that would be better too.
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    So maybe a good solution would be to have both a judges' feedback thread AND an open feedback thread. I think that would be better too.

Totally! That's all I'm asking for! I LOVE feedback from anyone - and it sounds like most others do, too... We could have two threads and then we know who is who. Or we could have people say "I'm a judge and here's my feedback/top 10" and "I'm not a judge, but here's my top 10 and feedback".

I'm so freakin' busy it's hard to keep track of who's judging which round... That's all! :)
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I was cool with the thread..but as SS stated, might be better to make sure the judges constructive critique/feedback stands out from the crowd in some way.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Good idea!
    Tessa HD wrote:

I'm "up with that."
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    I usually post the "post-the-favorites-before-the-judges" thread but since I was judging I didn't this time... It was confusing. I'm glad we're back to norman (as my kids say).

Jesse