Nikon NY Service Center Rocks!

rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited July 12, 2007 in Cameras
So my 18-70 DX lens was acting funny. I read everywhere and everything about repair centers and authorized repair people. I was going to have to pay $50 for an authorized repair guy to fix it and it would take a few weeks. I decided to send it in to Nikon to save myself $50, knowing it would take forever and a day.

Well I was wrong. It only took two weeks from the day I sent it to the day I got it back. I was really shocked! After all the horror stories I read about Nikons long service wait I figured I should help dispel that myth.

So I fully recommend Nikon Service Centers when you're in a hurry. :wink:D:wink

-Grant
Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB

Comments

• dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    the turnaround isn't always as quick. i sent in my sb-800 flash and it took a month to get it back. :( no one ever did tell me what the exact problem was; just that they had to order "parts" and they were on backorder. oh, and it'd cost me $150. ouch!
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto