Options

>>> LPS#8 Semifinalist Update!!!!!!!

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited July 11, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Our crack team of LPS investigators has uncovered, thanks to Andy, that the entry from Sizam is not qualified for entry due to Sizam doing some contract work for SmugMug:
170980137-O.jpg
107 - Sizam - Float On

So, while I ache to see that sweet sweet entry taken down, I am able to bring some good news that Tentacion's entry, Soothing Rains, has made it to the semifinalist position:
262970317.jpg
9 - Tentacion - Soothing Rains

Congratulations :clap the official results thread has been updated.
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Rulz are rulz.

Sorry, Sizam :cry but it's a beautiful shot clap.gif
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Congrats, Donna.. Great shot it was...thumb.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Razzleberries.

I understand, besides, given my epic skillz its really unfair for me to compete anyway naughty.gif
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......I was only joking when I said...if a winner got disqualified, then I would go up in rank.....I'm here with my mouth OPEN and DROPPED to the FLOOR. I didn't even notice this thread, and I have come in here a few times....OK I'm running around the house now telling everyone that my PHOTO WONNNNNNNNNNNN...........

Thank You, and I'm HONORED!!!

Thanks HC....Sorry Sizam about your entry, it was good work.

A little feedback on my shot:
    Every photographer suffers for their craft, and with this photo I suffered, and I have the bruises to prove it. The rain is NOT post work , this shoot was done in the torrential rains that hit Florida (which we badly needed), I fell down a flight of stairs in the rain, but SAVED my camera. My model was soaked to the bone, but she was a Real Trooper, and for that I'm grateful. We got a few good shots and for that I'm extremely happy.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Sizam, amazing photo! i'm sorry for your disqualification....

Tentacion, congratulations!! Awesome shot!!

(Now, if only 6 more people can get disqualified....rolleyes1.gif )
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Shay, thank you for all you do to raise the bar for this forum. And I am sorry also that Sizams photo did not qualify. A very nice, & unusual work.

I wish I had the time to comment on each photo that I judged. One hundred and fifteen, wow!!! It really was tough, and with two different subjects it made it even tougher. I tried to be fair, and when two images were equal in merit and I couldn't make up my mind, I chose the one that technically could hold it's own in the upcoming finals.

There were so many photos thet touched the soul, and made hearts smile. In a tie in that situation, I tried also to choose the one that better suited Explosion or Sedate. I am fairly critical of detail, and if two photos were equal in appeal, the one who made it had more difficulty getting the shot. The unusual one.

It is a great experience doing the judging, and it makes you appreciate everyones talent and individual challenges. I've grown right along with all of you, and fully appreciate the road we travel in the photography world. Thanks, Shay, for giving me the opportunity to participate. It's really a hard thing to do! But I love any challenge, as we do learn alot from this on either side of the fence.

Of the 10 I chose, now, only 4 of them got in to the top ten. Which is a perfect example of how different we all are. The elimination process was so tough! I did choose Sauroa's "Bursting with excitement" as number one also, as I felt it said so much, tecnically difficult, and offered so many interests within the simplicity.

I'm also glad that "Soothing Rains" now made it to the top ten. I had picked her also, making that 4 on the top ten that I chose also.

All of your comments and critiques were so well thought out on the other posts! Aaron and Charlie, nice job with that. I felt you were right on with many of them.

And I also believe that there were a few more that deserved to be in the top 10. But I bet every judge thinks that! Great talent everyone.
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Aye, congrats Tentacion. When you win that $7,500 can you spot me $20 :)
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    Sizam wrote:
    Aye, congrats Tentacion. When you win that $7,500 can you spot me $20 :)

Sizam from your lips to the Great Spirit's ears..and if he takes heed to your words, you got that $20.00 for sure...:D
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    I'm also glad that "Soothing Rains" now made it to the top ten. I had picked her also, making that 4 on the top ten that I chose also.

THANK YOU so much for your Eye, and vote of confidence, that means more to me than you can ever know!!

Take care
    Donna
  • Options
    intentional_noiseintentional_noise Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    This was actually my favorite shot from the get go - no offense to the other awesome entries, but I just really loved it iloveyou.gif

congrats! :D
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......I was only joking when I said...if a winner got disqualified, then I would go up in rank.....I'm here with my mouth OPEN and DROPPED to the FLOOR.

Pity no one was there to capture that moment. rolleyes1.gif

What a pleasant surprise that must have been for you!!!! Congratulations!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Sizam wrote:
    Razzleberries.

I understand, besides, given my epic skillz its really unfair for me to compete anyway naughty.gif

LMAO... you do have great skills! What a good sport!

CONGRATULATIONS TENTACION AWESOME PHOTO!!!!!!!!!