No place to rest

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited February 20, 2005 in People
My heart always goes out to homeless folks with no one.. and nothing..

16040530-L.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    I haev always prefered these kind of shots in black and white but this works just as it is.. You have a great eye..
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    My heart always goes out to homeless folks with no one.. and nothing..

16040530-L.jpg
    Heartwrenching shot.

What was the ISO on that one, lynn?

mitch
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Heartwrenching shot.

What was the ISO on that one, lynn?

mitch
    Iso was 1600 3.5 @1/13 hand held.. I'm amazed it came out at all..
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I love homeless shots and street stuff, too. Usually it is in black and white. The homeless seem to be in black and white places and kind of low. Where did you find that one?

I am trying to think of something funny to write about you handholding at that speed and Andy finding out and all. I can't think of anything. Funny. But I've said all along that we can do it. Not 100%, but often enough to try. One way if you have no tripod with you, you have NO picture, this way, trying it, you have a chance for a photo.

I remember before a concert Andy did tell to handhold and shoot in bursts. That often it is the middle shot that turns out. I use that advice. I have always covered myself anyway, but it makes sense to me. I might be shaking on the first shot, the next shot comes after the shaking has stopped. Don't know why it makes sense, but it does.

Were you scared to just turn your camera on the guy? I love your shot, Lynn. And for 1600, or any !SO, it is so clear.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited February 17, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I love homeless shots and street stuff, too. Usually it is in black and white. The homeless seem to be in black and white places and kind of low. Where did you find that one?

I am trying to think of something funny to write about you handholding at that speed and Andy finding out and all. I can't think of anything. Funny. But I've said all along that we can do it. Not 100%, but often enough to try. One way if you have no tripod with you, you have NO picture, this way, trying it, you have a chance for a photo.

I remember before a concert Andy did tell to handhold and shoot in bursts. That often it is the middle shot that turns out. I use that advice. I have always covered myself anyway, but it makes sense to me. I might be shaking on the first shot, the next shot comes after the shaking has stopped. Don't know why it makes sense, but it does.

Were you scared to just turn your camera on the guy? I love your shot, Lynn. And for 1600, or any !SO, it is so clear.

ginger
    I'm going to fezz up and tell you that I did run it through Noise Ninja for noise cleanup.. there was quite a lot of noise before I did that.. and no I was'nt scared.. it was in St Patricks cathedral in NY and he was asleep and I slipped into the pew oposite him (brazen hussy as I am) and quick quick snipped it)
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    (brazen hussy as I am)
    lol3.gif

nice shot Lynn thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited February 17, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    lol3.gif

nice shot Lynn thumb.gif
    thanks Erik.. I'm always amazed if anything good comes out at all rolleyes1.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    thanks...
    <---------------

and you're welcome :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    You're a brazen hussy? Dayum. Planning a trip to Atlanta anytime soon? :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited February 17, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    You're a brazen hussy? Dayum. Planning a trip to Atlanta anytime soon? :D
    In actual fact Sidney dear I visit Atlanta quite often... dh makes me eat catfish and fried chicken and grits and stuff... and then we drive down to the Pan Handle and stay in a motel on the beach that has this sign on the dresser "please don't use our towels for fish rags, we can't get the smell out" AND when you flush? you have to jump back a foot, water (yuk) seeps up from the base. The porch is unfinished sheet rock with chicken wire on the front and his old dog visits each evening during the gin hour.....BUT the view is to die for. I'll take my camera next time.
    And here's me thinkin you were gonna say sumpin nice about me picture...mwink.gif
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    What a sad, yet great capture. The title sums up this picture so well! I was lured into it instantly. Nice job! thumb.gif

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm going to fezz up and tell you that I did run it through Noise Ninja for noise cleanup.. there was quite a lot of noise before I did that.. and no I was'nt scared.. it was in St Patricks cathedral in NY and he was asleep and I slipped into the pew oposite him (brazen hussy as I am) and quick quick snipped it)
    Care to share the pre noise ninja shot?

mitch
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    Clearly you hadn't had any coffee yet that day! rolleyes1.gif

lynnma wrote:
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Nice shot lynn. Very quiet feel about it.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Nice shot, Lynn, its like he's pretending to pray.
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great shot Lynn, very impressive thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    It's a nice shot. Makes me think about those less fortunate than myself.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Hey Lynn,
    Great shot IMHO. It depicts a moment of (much needed) prayer, which is why I think it's special. Also, doesn't it feel nice when shots handheld at such insane speeds come out? I just love that! :-)

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago