Site very slow

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited July 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is it me or since the last update, does smugmug seem slow?
I also click on a thumbnail and often nothing shows up on the big picture.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    Is it me or since the last update, does smugmug seem slow?
    I also click on a thumbnail and often nothing shows up on the big picture.
    Hi, we actually sped things up quite a bit in our last update. I'm sorry you are experiencing slowness. Can you give us a traceroute from you to www.smugmug.com? What browser are you running, and version please?
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we actually sped things up quite a bit in our last update. I'm sorry you are experiencing slowness. Can you give us a traceroute from you to www.smugmug.com? What browser are you running, and version please?

Hi Andy,
    I'm not sure what a traceroute is but my page is on my signature.
    I'm using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4, according to updates, this is the latest version.
    To give a bit more information. When I click on a page, the thumbnails take a few seconds to all show up and when I click on a thumbnail to view a larger version on the right side, it takes about 3 secs for it to show up. Yesterday, I was sometimes getting no image to come up and would need to reclick the thumbnail or recycle.

I've noticed this more since the last update and I'm using a high speed dsl.

Thanks
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    Hi Andy,
    I'm not sure what a traceroute is but my page is on my signature.
    I'm using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4, according to updates, this is the latest version.
    To give a bit more information. When I click on a page, the thumbnails take a few seconds to all show up and when I click on a thumbnail to view a larger version on the right side, it takes about 3 secs for it to show up. Yesterday, I was sometimes getting no image to come up and would need to reclick the thumbnail or recycle.

I've noticed this more since the last update and I'm using a high speed dsl.

Thanks

Try these instructions to run a traceroute on a PC:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2959046
    That will help us see if and where any problems may be.

To run a traceroute on a Mac, follow the instructions here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3073291
    Copy and paste the results to us in an email.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Thanks, copied and sent the tracer thing to help@smugmug.