Options

FS: New Tamron 28-75 (Canon) very sharp!

ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited July 11, 2007 in House of Canon
Does anyone want a new and extremely sharp copy of the Tamron 28-75 2.8?
[full name: SP AF28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro)]

I ordered this lens on July 3rd, but later found a good deal on a used 24-105 4L IS.
I wanted the Tamron 28-75 as a travel lens, but now think the added range of the 24-105 will be better for those one lens situations I’m often in with my small children.

The only shots taken with this lens are my usual test shots. The lens has never been outside. I had the Nikon-mount version of this lens and after calibration by Tamron it was actually a bit sharper than my Nikon 28-70.

This Canon-mount 28-75 was perfectly sharp straight out of the box.
Here’s the test shot gallery link: http://GTIkeda.smugmug.com/gallery/3108658/1/170075725
Shots are 100% crops with no sharpening, except the one image showing the entire test target is not a 100% crop.

I've spoken to the seller and can return this and absorb a small restocking fee, but thought I’d offer it here first as good copies aren’t that easy to obtain. This is a wonderful lens when it’s a sharp copy, but Tamron doesn’t always produce sharp copies straight from the factory. It took Tamron 40 days to calibrate my Nikon-mount 28-75.

Everything I received is included. There is a $10 mail-in rebate for the lens. I will include the original receipt.
$335 shipped to CONUS locations.

I’m happy to ship to locations other than CONUS, but that will be at a slight additional cost. I prefer US Postal money order or Paypal e-check. Please add 3% fee for regular Paypal payments.

I've bought and sold plenty of equipment at Nikon Cafe, Nikonians, Miranda and Galbraith before it changed its name/ownership, using the name Tosh or GlennIkeda. My ebay user name is Daddybowaddy (compliments of my then 3 year old) and I have a 100% rating on 83+ photographic equipment transactions.

I’m best reached by email: gtikeda at optonline.net

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    That is a good deal. Someone should take it quick butyou are going to use the F/4? If you are inside a lot I would keep that tamron for the f/2.8
  • Options
    ToshTosh Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    rex wrote:
    That is a good deal. Someone should take it quick butyou are going to use the F/4? If you are inside a lot I would keep that tamron for the f/2.8

Rex,

I previously indulged myself and have a 24-70 2.8 for more critical shooting. The 24-105 will be travel, vacation and snaps.