LPS7 Outtakes

HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
edited July 15, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
(OK, They're up now, so you can follow the story, thanks Paul...)
I basically took my photo of little Miss Wu Ling while strolling aroung in JingAn Park in Shanghai back in June. I was there on business, and wherever I am over a weekend overseas, I like to take a lot of walks and just enjoy the day, and photograph what comes before me. On this day I was looking for "Joy," determined not to see the only the sorrow, and I fond plenty of it. This fellow is Mr. Tseng, a "tour-guide" who I have seen there time and again over the years:
163699582-S.jpg

Besides telling me that I've been getting fat, he did remember me, and just sat down with me. I was sitting on a bench just taking pictures of people passing by, mostly at slow speeds, but very few were smiling. Here's one who did smile:
171762176-M.jpg

This kid NEVER smiled:
171762382-M.jpg

Then came Miss Wu with a pure smile...
163684684-M.jpg
But when she figured out that I was taking her pictures, she stopped smiling:
171763937-M.jpg
171764192-M.jpg

Then came along Grandma Pan, who does a sort of routine with some musicians.. I thought of entering this one, but she was definitely posing, and the purity of the joy was just not the same:
163684821-M.jpg

All I knew that day was that I was looking for joy, and I set off early to find it. I couldn't have posed it if I wanted to. What a great day it was! At the end of that day, I deserved this, and am off to have one even now:
164564956-M.jpg
Mark
www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..

Comments

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    LPS7 Outtakes
    I can't see your photos in the thread, but I went to your gallery at:
    http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/gallery/3013327#P-1-15
    and there's some really great pictures there. thumb.gif Good eye and nicely done panning motion...its amazing how much the motion blur adds interest to some these images.

paul
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    I fixed it!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Wow, thanks for sharing the story as well as the photos.... I enjoyed reading it and seeing them very much!clap.gif
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    That's a neat story, Mark!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Great story...thanks for posting those pictures.....clap.gif.

You found "Joy" and I see your glass is still half full!! rolleyes1.gifrofl

Maureen
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    I really like that picture of Grandma...hmmm...but I love that BEEERRRRR !! and I could use a FEW now!! (REALLY)...lol

Cool Outakes HC....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote