Service Suggestion :: Automated Backups

S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited July 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Have you considered an automated, incremental backup service for pro customers?

I've searched, and cannot locate an affordable, reliable, automated means to assure that new RAW files are backed up securely.

1. Software on the PC which runs on a schedule (nightly, incremental)
2. Spool new/changed files to smuggy for archival

You have the infrastructure -- just a thought. The service would be worth doubling what I pay you per year, or more. :thumb

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    There are options that use the same hosts as Smugmug (Amazon S3), such as jungledisk

http://www.jungledisk.com/

If you search for this, there are some discussions about this and a few others.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    S. Horton wrote:
    Have you considered an automated, incremental backup service for pro customers?

I've searched, and cannot locate an affordable, reliable, automated means to assure that new RAW files are backed up securely.

1. Software on the PC which runs on a schedule (nightly, incremental)
    2. Spool new/changed files to smuggy for archival

You have the infrastructure -- just a thought. The service would be worth doubling what I pay you per year, or more. thumb.gif
    We have thought about it - but right now, we'd like to focus on a bunch more stuff first, since there are lots of options out there, jungledisk is great, I even use it for my stuff personally....
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Thx for the link!
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2007
    Well, I did some checking and asking around. Jungle is actually overkill; photos are not my living -- if they were, Jungle would probably get the business.

So, here's more my speed on price/service. Anyone use this one? I'm getting mixed reviews (a clue about reliability), but thought to ask.

http://www.carbonite.com/