Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
edited February 21, 2005 in Sports
Cool a new forum!!! Here are some of my (only :lol) sports pics:
37907753.jpg
and another kite-surfer:
37906890.jpg
time to be out of the water or it'll shrink into nothingness :rofl
37907463.jpg
I would really like to get into it more :D but for now I'm mainly working, working and working....
:bow thank you for setting up the forum Master Steve :thumb
*In my mind it IS real*
Michiel de Brieder
http://www.digital-eye.nl

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    Lookin Good Michiel ^5
    Nice shots in some tough lighting. You are just going to have to make the sacrifice of spending more time shooting and less time at work mwink.gif Too much work can be harmful....lol

Thanks for noticing the new forum. I wish I could take credit for any of it, but I'm just a noob Moderator (like they gave me a key to the executive restroom, but I have to be potty-trained before I can use it :lol ) I think the kudos should go, mainly, to Andy and Fish (and of course the owners of Dgrin) clap.gifclap

Thanks for sharing your sports pics and you really should get out and shoot more of them nod.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Nice shots in some tough lighting. You are just going to have to make the sacrifice of spending more time shooting and less time at work mwink.gif Too much work can be harmful....lol

Thanks for noticing the new forum. I wish I could take credit for any of it, but I'm just a noob Moderator (like they gave me a key to the executive restroom, but I have to be potty-trained before I can use it :lol ) I think the kudos should go, mainly, to Andy and Fish (and of course the owners of Dgrin) clap.gifclap

Thanks for sharing your sports pics and you really should get out and shoot more of them nod.gif

Steve
    Or were you guys just getting sick of me filling up the other forum with sport threads :)

I'm Happy......
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Good action michiel. I would love to get some shots of the guys here doing it. There is a walkway out into the sea that you can get close to the action from.

There was a pom visiting here a while back that went out about 2pm & wondered why he was all alone out there. Not knowing that in summer here we often get very violent short stoms that come from nowhere at about 3pm.

He got lifted across the beach...the road & crashed into a 3rd floor unit balcony. It was in the local news/paper. He sounded like a good sport though & thought it was pretty funny.

I always imagine how good it would have been to photograph him.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great shots Michiel. #1 is fantastic!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    Wow!

For me to shoot the kite boarders, I would have to find a nice spot
    to shoot North. Otherwise, it's straight into the sun.

These shots show nice action and like Steve says, in tough light.

Nice work!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great stuff thumb.gif
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Thanks guys!!!!

About getting close to the action: the action is close at our beaches :D All these were taken with the 20D + 70-200 F/4 L + 1.4x TC no cropping :): I love that lens/camera/TC/beach/water :lol

Thanks everyone for chiming in and your friendly words!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl