First Attempt at People

BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in People
This shot of my girlfriend was taken sort of randomly while on a tour of some of Oregon's waterfalls. I was quite pleased with it's turnout. Any thoughts? :dunno
16048558-L.jpg

Comments

• Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    it's cool! There are some things that come to mind though :D I'd like to see it a bit more saturated for instance, and the current lighting and composition force my eyes to the elbow instead of staying on the face (and she has a beautiful face, so that's a bugger :lol)
    Perhaps one comment that really deserves some attention... In this case, when seeing your result, I suggest to think more out-of-the-box that means, in this case, not to choose a portrait or landscape angle, but I would have tried to incorporate more 'body' so to speak, by turning the camera about 90 degrees clockwise. The angular composition would have been very striking I think...
    Just my 2 cents :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Great comments! Thanks!

I didn't even think it would turn out. I was about 20 feet above her, but next time I should try think about the shot a bit more
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    I love the look of mischief in her eyes. Her playful spirit if bubbling over in this shot. thumb.gif

I agree with the elbow thing though. Her elbow is far lighter than her face, thus making it the focus of the shot. Perhaps if you adjusted the saturation?

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....