First photos with extension tubes

JanieJanie Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 13, 2007 in Holy Macro
172293705-L.jpg

172270757-L-1.jpg

172267365-L-1.jpg

Not sure what the blue insect is. Somebody told me it was a "damsel fly". It looked like a small blue dragonfly and for some reason decided to oblige and pose for me!:D
Using the Canon XTi with a 100mm macro lens and the set of 3 Kenko extension lenses 12, 20, 36 mm

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Great loved colors a lot
    very nice results !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Great loved colors a lot
    very nice results !
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Excellent start with the tubes, you just missed eye focus on the bee but the damselfly is wonderful.
    Not sure what aperture you were using but if you want more detail at the expense of DOF when using tubes around 1.5:1 or above try using F8-F11.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Janie wrote:

Not sure what the blue insect is. Somebody told me it was a "damsel fly". It looked like a small blue dragonfly and for some reason decided to oblige and pose for me!:D
    Using the Canon XTi with a 100mm macro lens and the set of 3 Kenko extension lenses 12, 20, 36 mm

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions welcome!

Hi Janie......... whoohooo!! those look great clap.gif
    Gotta love those Kenko Tubes, I take mine with me every time I go out shooting.

Those little Damsel's photograph very nicely.
    Nice sharp shots, love the clear detail in all of these :D
    Well Done ! ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    nice macros and yes, little blue IS a Damsel fly!! or as we used to call them as kids... Sewing needles or needle bugs...lol
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • JanieJanie Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions! I really appreciate it!
    Lord Vetinari, I'll definitely implement your suggestion and see what I can come up with! Thanks again all!