Power users and option to buy photos

Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited July 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Sorry if I'm just not getting it, and asking something that should be clear to me.

I have a trial account at the moment. I note that on my options I can allow others to buy my photos or not, but I thought the ability to sell photos was limited to Pro Account holders.

If others can buy, then I presume tha the Power User gets paid if they do, but how does this occur? (I thought that only Pro Users could vary prices, anyway.)

Thanks,
Andrew.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Hi Andrew,

Photos can be sold with any account. However the Pro-account is the only one where you can set your own prices and make a profit. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

On the Standard and Power user accounts the prints will be sold at the default prices with no profit.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions!
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Andrew,

Photos can be sold with any account. However the Pro-account is the only one where you can set your own prices and make a profit. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

On the Standard and Power user accounts the prints will be sold at the default prices with no profit.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the reply on this.

To tell the truth, I wasn't joining with the idea that I would be able to sell my photos. Even so, I find this puzzling. As a Power User, why would I (or anybody else) want the ability to allow my photos to be bought under these conditions? Is this supposed to be just for friends and family, then?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Is this supposed to be just for friends and family, then?
    Not just- but we have a gazillion standard and power customers that happily allow their photos to be purchased by their friends and families.
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Not just- but we have a gazillion standard and power customers that happily allow their photos to be purchased by their friends and families.

I am one of them. It's so much easier to allow family to order their own pics of the ones THEY like. Plus, then they pay for it. Laughing.gif I've actually am a Pro user now, but I still have all of my family albums available for purchase at cost (w/ a password).