LPS#9 entry... would anyone like to comment?

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited July 15, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Red Pill Blue Pill

From the movie The Matrix...

172471318-L.jpg

Winston

Comments

• MrCrabsMrCrabs Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 13, 2007
    I like it.
    I like it although the left image in the glasses appears to be a little larger but the face doesn't look like it is turned to the persons left my right.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Hi Winston,

For what it's worth...I like the idea, however, you either don't know the movie and therefore needs way too much explanation to make the theme relevant (otherwise it seems to just say "choices"), or you do know the movie, in which case it should be Neo being offered the pill by Morpheus. Your image looks like Neo offering the pills to Trinity. Kudos for unique concept on interpretation of the theme though!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    MrCrabs wrote:
    I like it although the left image in the glasses appears to be a little larger but the face doesn't look like it is turned to the persons left my right.

You may be right about the size of the left image... the whole thing was rather dificult to pull off... I ended up shooting each element seperately and puting the whole thing together in photoshop... I'm not real happy with the hand placement... I might do it again... but I really like the concept.:D
    edited July 13, 2007
    Hi Winston,

For what it's worth...I like the idea, however, you either don't know the movie and therefore needs way too much explanation to make the theme relevant (otherwise it seems to just say "choices"), or you do know the movie, in which case it should be Neo being offered the pill by Morpheus. Your image looks like Neo offering the pills to Trinity. Kudos for unique concept on interpretation of the theme though!

Emily

Emily,

I thought of that as well but I decided to take my chances... It was either this or a President Bush hater's protest in front of the White House (freedom of speach thing) this Saturday...:D Anyway I'll stick with the concept, might do a re-shoot though...

Winston
  • JFreemanJFreeman Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    You might try working the blue pill a bit. It reading a solid bright blue. Very 2 dimensional and doesn't blend into the shot. You could try making a new layer and using a 'color' or 'hue/saturation' layer mode use the paintbrush to paint a color over the pill. that would keep it's modeling while changing the color.
    edited July 13, 2007
    JFreeman wrote:
    You might try working the blue pill a bit. It reading a solid bright blue. Very 2 dimensional and doesn't blend into the shot. You could try making a new layer and using a 'color' or 'hue/saturation' layer mode use the paintbrush to paint a color over the pill. that would keep it's modeling while changing the color.

You're right and I did it that way... don't know why it turned out like it did... I'm re-working it...
  • SmashtoadSmashtoad Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    ...It was either this or a President Bush hater's protest in front of the White House (freedom of speach thing) this Saturday...:D
    Winston

I think I would have went to the protest. Participation in something you believe in is much more rewarding than just ripping off someone's concept and making a copy worse than the original.
    edited July 14, 2007
    Smashtoad wrote:
    I think I would have went to the protest. Participation in something you believe in is much more rewarding than just ripping off someone's concept and making a copy worse than the original.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood, I didn't say I believed in the protrest cause or that I would participate... I simply saw it as an opportunity to get a decent shot that relates to the theme...
    edited July 14, 2007
    re-work
    New version... comments welcome.

172953716-L.jpg
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Winston, the reflection in your first version felt more real to me. My mind knew it was a composition of shots, but it was harder for my eye to tell. I also like the woman's expression in the first version better (hey, you're not directing the movie, so who needs to follow a script? :D). The blue pill in the second version is better--not as "hot"--but now it seems a little dull.

I guess what I'm saying is I like the first version better. thumb.gif Not an easy concept to pull off!
    edited July 15, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Winston, the reflection in your first version felt more real to me. My mind knew it was a composition of shots, but it was harder for my eye to tell. I also like the woman's expression in the first version better (hey, you're not directing the movie, so who needs to follow a script? :D). The blue pill in the second version is better--not as "hot"--but now it seems a little dull.

I guess what I'm saying is I like the first version better. thumb.gif Not an easy concept to pull off!

Thanks! I'm trying to pull it off though...rolleyes1.gif