gallery-specific keyword search possible?

jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited July 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
hello SM geniuses (genii?) :bow

i have a series of private, password-protected galleries of soccer matches, where my clients - players and club staff - download original files for the club's use. i have public duplicates of these galleries (protected and no originals) where the fans and public in general can buy images. all the images, in both private and public galleries, are keyworded with player names.

as the number of galleries grows, i'd like to be able to provide my clients with links/search capabilities to find photos of specific players anywhere in these private galleries, instead of them having to dig through each game's gallery individually to find images of specific players.

i did search extensively in the forums but without conclusively answering my question. i wonder if i'm asking the impossible? or is there a whole different way to approach the way my galleries are set up??

also, not sure if this should be here or in customization... :scratch

any help or suggestions would be hugely appreciated :thumb

j

edit: guess i could have titled the thread "private, password-protected-gallery-specific keyword search possible?" but maybe best that i didn't!

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Hi James,

For private and password protected you'll have to be signed in. Currently it's not possible for your visitors to use search or keywords. Our SmugIslands was a first step to allow yourself to seach those galleries and of course we're further looking into to give your more options, but we can't give you any details on if and when this is going to happen.

The only option I see to make this happen right now, would be to use a separate account for your public and client galleries. The client galleries would all be protected by a site password and after that has been entered, they would be able to search through your all public galleries, because then you wouldn't have to protect the individual galleries anymore. The gotcha with this would be, that all clients would have to use the same password and therefore could see all the galleries of the other clients as well.

I wish I had a different answer for you.

Have a great Sunday,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • jamescalderjamescalder Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Sebastian - thanks a ton for taking the time to answer the question and suggest alternative solutions. I'll keep my fingers crossed for extension of the SmugIslands concept to help out under these circumstances, but I won't hold my breath...

:):

j