Two Days Too Early

DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited July 15, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was going through some recent shots and found this one. I really like it for this weeks topic. Unfortunately as the thread title says--two days too early. I shot it on July 7th. :cry

Do you guys think a similar shot would work well if I could manage a reshoot?

IMG_8388-1_800px.JPG
~Debbie~
Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
28-105mm
100-300mm USM
100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    This is a nice shot, but I don't see how it relates to the theme? sorry...ne_nau.gif

Winston
  • stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Poor guy ~ he has the "freedom" of the yard, but boy how he'd like to go beyond the fence and ride the roads! The fence represents both his freedom *AND* his oppressor so to speak Laughing.gif.

iloveyou.gif I like the idea, and think a reshoot is definitely in order.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Ah, reading stirfry's comments, I see the oppression now. When I first saw this image, I focused more on the boy's expression, which registered more DEpression than OPpression to me. Perhaps a reshoot from an even lower angle, so the fence really looms over the boy to increase the oppressive feel? (For the current theme's sake only. I love the current shot as is! :D)
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Thanks guys. I'm heading out now to see if I can get him to cooperate for a reshoot. Should be interesting with a two year old. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the input and the lower angle suggestion. I think I'll try that.

One problem though. I've painted the fence a few days ago, so the aged look in this one will be replaced with a bright white fresh look instead. I'll have to play with that in post processing and see how it goes...
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes