Rachael and Kelly

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited February 20, 2005 in People
16061631-M.jpg

Kelly's the cat, and Rachael's the girl. Or more concisely, my younger sister, 13 y/o.
My FIRST DAY with the D70. I bought just the body, got a good deal :deal. I've been waiting for a friend to ship me a loaner lens, an old nikor 50mm 1.8. Seems very very clear to me! But, I'm coming from the world of p+s cameras! :wink

All comments and critique welcomed.
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Kelly, doing her "i'm a smug cat" pose, as all cats like to do.

16061636-M.jpg
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Both shots are great! thumb.gif

I love the smart close up, great lighting and sharpness on the first one. The tight cropping is a nice choice for this shot. Both girls look totally bonded! :):

The second one is fabulous as well! You instantly think "night lurker or hunter", or something along those lines-- what with the dark outside background, and her luring gaze. Great clarity and the lighting for this is perfect for this IMO.

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Way to go!
    Hi there! Welcome to the brave new world of DSLRs!

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the D70 a lot, as judging from your first pictures, you're having little trouble getting used to it. Those are nice pictures and I think you'll get far better results from the new camera; at least that's what happened to me when I got the D70.

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Hi there! Welcome to the brave new world of DSLRs!

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the D70 a lot, as judging from your first pictures, you're having little trouble getting used to it. Those are nice pictures and I think you'll get far better results from the new camera; at least that's what happened to me when I got the D70.

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Adapting has been a privilage, it's been great! It's like now I'm not "fighting" my camera, it's actually working WITH me, instead of against me. The colors keep amazing me, it's incredible.

Thanks for the warm feedback!