My sports assistant

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited July 14, 2007 in Sports
My son asked if he could join me on my weekend footy shooting today, so off we headed for the oval. After a while of watching the match he asked if he could have a go with the camera, thinking he meant the 30D and 70-200 I went to hand it to him, he says "No Dad, the other Camera"...lol so here is the shot of my little assistant. We had a great afternoon.

172780747-M.jpg

172780751-M.jpg

and here are a couple of the action.

172780656-M.jpg

172780664-M.jpg

172780797-M.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    TassieD wrote:
    My son asked if he could join me on my weekend footy shooting today, so off we headed for the oval. After a while of watching the match he asked if he could have a go with the camera, thinking he meant the 30D and 70-200 I went to hand it to him, he says "No Dad, the other Camera"...lol so here is the shot of my little assistant. We had a great afternoon.
    and here are a couple of the action.

Ohhhhhh you brave man he hasn't even got the strap around his neck eek7.gif
    What lens is that one on the camera? is that a 500mm ??

Great shots clap.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Hi there Skippy,

He takes after his old man, I never have the strap around my neck either. The lens is the 300mm F2.8 IS with the 1.4 converter.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    I didn't use to keep strap around my neck either until I dang near lost a camera over a 1k+ cliff.....just barely got to grab the strap after loosing grip on camera...now all straps around neck or gear hooked to the bino-system straps..so no neck tension all on the shoulders and back much more comfy.....

Good to see a yournger person turly interested in the sport of photog'ing....were these his or your photos.....Great ones anywaythumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 14, 2007
    I like his form. Good control of the body and the lens. He looks like a pro thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited July 14, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    I didn't use to keep strap around my neck either until I dang near lost a camera over a 1k+ cliff.....just barely got to grab the strap after loosing grip on camera...now all straps around neck or gear hooked to the bino-system straps..so no neck tension all on the shoulders and back much more comfy.....

Good to see a yournger person turly interested in the sport of photog'ing....were these his or your photos.....Great ones anywaythumb.gif

Hi there Art,

I have a feeling he will be wanting to come out more often with me after yesterday. These are my shots.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited July 14, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    I like his form. Good control of the body and the lens. He looks like a pro thumb.gif

I'll let him know Ian, was quite funny to watch. I handed him the camera and away he went. Goes to show he does actually pay attention to his surroundings.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited July 14, 2007
    Here are two shots that the young fella took.

172953797-M.jpg

172953802-M.jpg
    Cheers
    David Clifford