onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
edited September 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
In case you don't read my blog (shame on you!), here are the details:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/don/2007/07/13/smugmug-on-our-iphones/

Enjoy!

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifI read your blog, unfortunately for me, this is the one I read...

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

and it's 5 months out of date... ne_nau.gif I guess this iPhone version of smugmug is good news for the few people that have iPhones and it's good that you are documenting this feature, but what about the rest of us? I think there would be a much greater benefit to your customers by having updated release notes.
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    That was a bit harsh, no? If onethumb wants to share his thoughts on his cool new toy and how it works with smugmug - good for him! I'd wager he spends more time working on SmugMug than all of us realize. If he wants to spends some time on some fun side-projects that's his business. Oh, and I bet his wife and twins (plus another on the way) want a few minutes per day as well. ne_nau.gif

The only qualm I have about that iPhone blog is that I don't have an iPhone...
    thumb.gif
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Very cool! I unfortunately don't have an iPhone yet, but I'm sure my friends that do will be excited to see this. Who knows, you might even end up with a new SmugMug customer out of it. ;)
  • snowphotosnowphoto Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Smugmug on iPhone is beautiful!
    onethumb wrote:

Enjoy!

I just borrowed my husband's phone to check out my site, and I was floored by the smugmug/iPhone synergy! It is truly amazing.

I'm going to get an iPhone now, as a convenient, portable way to carry around a portfolio.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    snowphoto wrote:
    I'm going to get an iPhone now, as a convenient, portable way to carry around a portfolio.

Before you go and do that, think about what you really need.

If you get an iPhone, you'll be locked into that 2-year AT&T plan and will need to activate just to be able to use the iPhone at all.

If you do not need the phone part, get an iPod touch instead. I am thinking of getting one, because it has the most important parts for a photo nerd: Nice screen, lots of onboard memory for photo storage, and wi-fi and a web browser for looking at Smugmug. I suppose you could even edit your Smugmug site on one, though I don't have one yet to try.

The 8GB iPod touch is $299, the 8GB iPhone is $399 (because it also has the phone and a camera) plus the monthly plan fees.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    onethumb wrote:

Enjoy!

I played with my Smugmug site on a friend's iPhone. Overall, very nice experience.

My one big complaint was that when I have a mixture of landscape and portrait photos and I rotate the iPhone to optimize the view in a different orientation (a great feature on the iPhone), the Smugmug interface on the iPhone successfully rotates, but reverts back to the first photo in the gallery I was in, losing my place in the gallery which really degrades the viewing experience. I can't rotate from portrait to landscape and back while going through the photos in a gallery. It works great for a gallery that is all portrait or all landscape, but not so great if you want to go back and forth between portrait and landscape within a gallery.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question