Thursday night Hockey, 2/17/05

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in Sports
Shots from Thursday night hockey.
20D
ISO 800
1/250
Custom WB

First time shooting the whole team together.
16069869-L.jpg

16070000-L.jpg

16070106-L.jpg

16070181-L.jpg

16070178-L.jpg

16069964-L.jpg

The rest can be found here; Asheville Aces

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Jeremy, these are fantastic! You've really improved dramatically in the two months you've been working at it.

Here's one of your earlier shots...big big difference.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Yep big difference from when I started to now.

I've had alot of help, Winger being one of them.
  • Options
    spiderspider Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Jeremy, great action pictures, particularly the fourth one down of the slap shot in the making. clap.gif Unfortunately, the background of the team picture is somewhat busy with a number of extraneous people appearing in the picture, for instance, the girl in the center next to Dr. H appears to be part of the team picture.

Keep the pictures coming.

George
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    These are nice ones! The white balance is great. Focus is good.
    Nice action too.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    Jeremy,

I agree with all of the above. #1 Excellent shots-good wb, great exposure, rich colors and all are very sharp clap.gif #2 Nice action captures thumb.gif #3 The Team Pic does have some extra heads in the background, which I'm sure you had no control over, and despite this you did an awesome job on this shot :D #4 Your pics have improved dramatically since the beginning of the season.

I hope you are feeling good about yourself. I know I sure would be thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing these fine shots,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    spider wrote:
    Jeremy, great action pictures, particularly the fourth one down of the slap shot in the making. clap.gif Unfortunately, the background of the team picture is somewhat busy with a number of extraneous people appearing in the picture, for instance, the girl in the center next to Dr. H appears to be part of the team picture.

Keep the pictures coming.

George
    Yea I would love to be able to edit that out but I don't know how. If I could crop the picture and edit out the background and still be able to print 20 x 30" (which I belive they are wanting for these team pictures) that would be great. But I'm still new at PS and have not learned how to do the editing of the background, removing people, etc.
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Shots from Thursday night hockey.
    20D
    ISO 800
    1/250
    Custom WB

First time shooting the whole team together.
    16069869-L.jpg
    Yeah I am slowly learning about team photos, everytime I take one I learn something new. The first time I learned got to make sure you can see everyone's face. 2nd on I learned that I need to make sure there are not people way in the background. 3rd one I learned about competing with shadows and the sun. Maybe after the 100th one I will have it figured out.
    What have i learned, make sure you can see all their faces, make sure there are no shadows and do the photo not before a game when there are people there (some of who are doing there job and i cant really blame)

16070000-L.jpg
    MULLET!!!!!

16070106-L.jpg
    Great action shot and I see a face :). The colors are great and the photos is sharp and in focus.

16070181-L.jpg
    This one is my favorite, you got the shooter at the top of his swing for the slappah. You can see the defenseman and his face as he come to play the puck and the goalie in the background. Its an interesting angle, its what sport photos are all about, capturing the game, the moment the emotion in a way the the view can look and feel like that moment felt to the particpants that made it!!!!!

16070178-L.jpg
    Another great shot of the goalie in action. Getting the puck in there would be better, but can be hard, the snow is great........

16069964-L.jpg
    Yeah a face off with faces not asses. I love the guy in the back (and when you look in the gallery you can see the next frame, everyone has moved by him with the same face)

The rest can be found here; Asheville Aces
    Seriously these look sooo much better than even the batch 4 or 5 games ago.......

• Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Thanks, If I can figure out how edit out the background of the team photo It will be alot better.

I'm getting in the habit now of looking for faces, etc.