LPS #9 Entry...your thoughts appreciated

HarleycowgirlHarleycowgirl Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited July 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey there everyone, would really appreciate your thoughts on this image. For me, one who has lived in that cage, it says alot, however I'm curious to hear if it speaks to others as well. Honesty is expected please, I'm definately not thin skinned so feel free to lay it on me. Thanks in advance!

172980278-L-1.jpg
Life is not a journey to the grave in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
loudly proclaiming, "WOW, what a ride! ":barb

Comments

• NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Yeah it spoke to me right now and yes I can relate sometimes so you may have hit a note there.
    A very thought provoking image, if you can draw people in to it and really get them to look hard. very good!
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    The image is haunting. But what detracts from it for me is your choice of post processing. I found myself hunting through the cracks to see what it is you photographed and completely missed the eyes, which are an important feature in this.

I'd like to see what this looks like in Black & White with some dodging of the eyes to make them pop. deal.gif
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    I like it a lot!thumb.gif very haunting... the cracks give the impression that the person has been like that for a long time...

Winston
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    I had the same initial reaction as Linda when I saw this in the entry thread: great image but the post-processing seemed overdone. I was curious what the image looked like originally, if it would add depth and take away some of the flatness introduced by the cracked styling. ne_nau.gif

It would be interesting to see the image with Linda's suggestions, perhaps with a high contrast to keep some of the "edginess" from the image above.
  • HarleycowgirlHarleycowgirl Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Thanks for your replies everyone! Alright, I have made a few adjustments here, I can understand it being a little dark. I wanted it to have a dungy, almost spooky feel, hence the reason I went as dark as I did but I suppose I did overdo it. The cracks I've left alone as Winston hit the nail on the head for my reasoning behind that. I wanted to give an aged feel to it, everyday seems like eternity to one who dwells in such conditions. Be it physically or emotionally. Anyways, here is the lighter version. Better?

173199618-L.jpg
    Life is not a journey to the grave in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out,
    loudly proclaiming, "WOW, what a ride! ":barb
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    I think I prefer the lighter version. It's still dark enough on the left to give the impression of a dungeon.