Options

"New Posts" Search Question

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
I was wondering about the "new post" search function.

I have been using the new post button when I visit the site but I have noticed that it does not always find ALL the new post. I can hit new post and go through and read them all then navigate through dgrin on my own and find post that I have not seen before. Is there something wrong? Just wondering cause I dont want to miss any of these wonderful post from all you fine people.

Thanks
Tim
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    I was wondering about the "new post" search function.

I have been using the new post button when I visit the site but I have noticed that it does not always find ALL the new post. I can hit new post and go through and read them all then navigate through dgrin on my own and find post that I have not seen before. Is there something wrong? Just wondering cause I dont want to miss any of these wonderful post from all you fine people.

Thanks
    Tim
    Hey Tim,

Not sure if this is what you are referring to, but when you click on the "New Posts" button all the new posts don't always appear on just one page. There are multiple pages sometimes. If you look towards the bottom and/or top right after clicking this button you may notice multiple pages you can go to and view the rest of the "New Posts"

Hope this helps,

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    And there is an expiration date, of sorts, for New Posts. Not sure exactly how long something stays in New Posts, but it doesn't stay there until you click on it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    The same thing has happened to me at FM, this week, which is the only week I have been posting there.

I use the new post there, never used it here (I have this place memorizedrolleyes1.gif ), but there I use it, then look on my own if I am really interested.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    The New Post feature is a function of vBulletin I believe. It should return all the new posts since your last visit (logged in) There is a timeout period so you need to click on it before they are all marked as old because you logged in some time ago.

The list will also not update with new posts that are made while you are on-line unless you refresh the screen - or switch to another page of the list.

Hope that makes sense!

Iain