Options

I'm new to SmugMug

jcdeupreejcdeupree Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited July 19, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
When I first registered, I was asked about a coupon code. Since I don't have one, is anyone out there willing to give me a coupon code? I used to have a PhotoSite webpage, but they are discontinuing their service. I'm looking forward to using SmugMug

I have been interested in photography since I was 12 -- over 60 years ago. I have been using a Canon 20D for about 2 1/2 years. I'll try to upload some pictures when I figure out how to do it. I'll also send a picture if I can figure how to do that, too.

John Deupree

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited July 15, 2007
    jcdeupree wrote:
    When I first registered, I was asked about a coupon code. Since I don't have one, is anyone out there willing to give me a coupon code? I used to have a PhotoSite webpage, but they are discontinuing their service. I'm looking forward to using SmugMug

I have been interested in photography since I was 12 -- over 60 years ago. I have been using a Canon 20D for about 2 1/2 years. I'll try to upload some pictures when I figure out how to do it. I'll also send a picture if I can figure how to do that, too.

John Deupree
    Coupon code? Absolutely. Here's mine: llX8NBuQ4l6uQ

--- Denise
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited July 15, 2007
    Hi John wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!

Looks like you're off to a good start. We also have an official introduce yourself thread here. Looking forward to seeing your work.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2007
    Thanks for the coupon code, Denise
    Coupon code? Absolutely. Here's mine: llX8NBuQ4l6uQ

--- Denise

Denise, Thanks for the coupon code. I'll try to learn how to use SmugMug.

John
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Hi John wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!

Looks like you're off to a good start. We also have an official introduce yourself thread here. Looking forward to seeing your work.

David,

Thanks for the info. I still haven't figured out how to use the "Official intoduce yourself thread here" yet. I'll work on that.

John
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited July 15, 2007
    jcdeupree wrote:
    David,
    Thanks for the info. I still haven't figured out how to use the "Official intoduce yourself thread here" yet. I'll work on that.
    John

This thread might help. And with a Smugmug account, you can link pictures directly into posts without using the attach method.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    HershyHershy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Hello from India
    Hello all,

I am Harsh (Hershy) from Mumbai, India. I joined SmugMug this year and am enjoying sharing pictures with friends and family. Joined DGrin this week and am getting to know the workings but did enjoy some of the threads and pictures.

I have been taking pictures since many years - earlier on Nikon SLRs and now on Nikon D200 and a Hassleblad Xpan film camera. My interest are varied but travel, people and events catch my eye.

Here I hope to share my pictures and learn from you all.
    Do visit my SmugMug galleries at hershy@smugmug.com or personal site at www.javeri.net.

Thanks!

Hershy
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Hershy wrote:
    Hello all,

I am Harsh (Hershy) from Mumbai, India. I joined SmugMug this year and am enjoying sharing pictures with friends and family. Joined DGrin this week and am getting to know the workings but did enjoy some of the threads and pictures.

I have been taking pictures since many years - earlier on Nikon SLRs and now on Nikon D200 and a Hassleblad Xpan film camera. My interest are varied but travel, people and events catch my eye.

Here I hope to share my pictures and learn from you all.
    Do visit my SmugMug galleries at hershy@smugmug.com or personal site at www.javeri.net.

Thanks!

Hershy

Hi Hershy :D Welcome to the forum wave.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Hershy wrote:
    Hello all,

Thanks!

Hershy

Hershy,

1st link is an email address I believe.......but your personal site is great...thanks for sharing.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    jcdeupree wrote:

John Deupree

Photosite Refugees get 50% off the first year :)

http://blogs.smugmug.com/don/2007/07/10/photosite-refugees-get-50-off-at-smugmug/
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Hershy,

1st link is an email address I believe.......but your personal site is great...thanks for sharing.
    Art,

Thanks for visitng my site and yes you are correct, I goofed up! The SmugMug address should be hershy.smugmug.com . Have just returned from work so will check your site later.

Hershy
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Hello John and Hershy welcome to Dgrin mwink.gif
    Nice photos there thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2007
    Hello John and Hershy welcome to Dgrin mwink.gif
    Nice photos there thumb.gif

Hello Awais,

Thanks for the welcome, we are almost neighbors! Had a quick look at the photos at your site and was impressed.

Let's keep in touch

Hershy