Options

A day around NYC

pjb923pjb923 Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
edited July 20, 2007 in Landscapes
I live 20 minutes from NYC, and I have never taken a day to walk around and go shooting... until this weekend. I still have more shots to process, but these were some of my favorites.
It wouldn't be official without the Cliché Grand Central Shot

173353146-S-1.jpg

Now that I got that out of the way...
Click to see large image

173353816-S-1.jpg

173352329-S-1.jpg

173353857-S-1.jpg

173353248-S-1.jpg

173352749-S-1.jpg

173351974-S-1.jpg

173352366-S-1.jpg

There are a few more in the gallery and more will be added soon.
http://paulberge.smugmug.com/gallery/3156235/1/173352366

Comments

• Options
    jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Awesome. I love the repeating patterns. You have a great eye! Thanks for sharing these.

James
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Nice shots. I like the turnstiles and fire escapes especially
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Nice job. The turnstiles are excellent. Good use of repeating patterns in the others.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2007
    Thanks for all the comments.

I really had a great day shooting in the city. This was an interesting change from my usual landscape/nature, and floral photography. I need to make city shooting more of a regular thing.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Very nice shots. I know what you mean about NYC - I live out on Long Island, and don't get in there nearly enough. I've been trying to find more time lately, maybe I'll bump into you one day.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    moose135 wrote:
    Very nice shots. I know what you mean about NYC - I live out on Long Island, and don't get in there nearly enough. I've been trying to find more time lately, maybe I'll bump into you one day.

Thanks moose. You never know, it's a small world out there.
  • Options
    m_granitem_granite Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    I like your entrance & 'the hood' shots. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    Alex Q.
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    That last shot reminds me of the cover of Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti". It
    wouldn't happen to be the same place, would it?

I also really like number 3. I love simple, graphic shots like that.
  • Options
    emmalouemmalou Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    I really really like the graffitti! Wonderful shots!
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    Thanks guys.

Bernand, I just looked up the cover art for "Physical Graffiti" and found out it was shot at 97 St. Marks Place. We did a lot of walking on Saturday, and were in the area, so there is a good chance it was the same building, or at least on the same street. I'll have to look through my other shots to see if I can get a better idea of my exact location.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I'm not a big Zeppelin fan so I would have never noticed it.
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    pjb923 wrote:
    Thanks guys.

Bernand, I just looked up the cover art for "Physical Graffiti" and found out it was shot at 97 St. Marks Place.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I'm not a big Zeppelin fan so I would have never noticed it.

"Kashmir", "In My Time of Dying", and of course, "Trampled Underfoot"
    DJ.gifdrums.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    "Kashmir", "In My Time of Dying", and of course, "Trampled Underfoot"
    DJ.gifdrums.gif

For me it's everything up to the atrocious "In Through The Outdoor" (or, as I
    like to call it, "In Through The Outhouse").
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    pjb923 wrote:
    I'm not a big Zeppelin fan

Does...not...compute...
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2007
    pyrtek wrote:
    For me it's everything up to the atrocious "In Through The Outdoor" (or, as I
    like to call it, "In Through The Outhouse").

I actually got an advance copy of it when it came out. I was so disappointed :cry . Especially after Presence, which I thought was sending them in a great direction. That said, it did suck Bonham died. :bash
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2007
    Paul,

I'd seen a few in your blog but somehow missed your entire gallery. Wow! Great abstracts and amazing colors in the non-b/w ones. I grew up outside of NYC and my family is there, but I still have not once walked around just shooting. I'm glad to see that you did and did the place justice. Great work! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2007
    Thanks schmooo. I really love your work, so it's great to hear some positive comments from you.

I intentionally left out the link to the full gallery so I could spread my posts out over the entire week. I included it in today's post.

Now I need to find the time to process my other shots which probably won't happen any time soon because my new Epson R1800 just arrived. I should be pretty busy playing with that this weekend. I can't wait to get home from work and try it out :D
    schmooo wrote:
    Paul,

I'd seen a few in your blog but somehow missed your entire gallery. Wow! Great abstracts and amazing colors in the non-b/w ones. I grew up outside of NYC and my family is there, but I still have not once walked around just shooting. I'm glad to see that you did and did the place justice. Great work! thumb.gif