Watermarks on all photos but NOT originals? Yikes!

BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I just posted my first photos for sale (only 4 now, still editing, about 3000 to come). I was a little shocked to see that the watermark was placed on all photo sizes except the original.

I realize I can choose not to display the originals and I will do that anyway, but shouldn't the watermark be placed there. Otherwise we all just become charity photo donors.

http://www.bighotshot.smugmug.com/gallery/3157435#173429304

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    BigHotShot wrote:
    I just posted my first photos for sale (only 4 now, still editing, about 3000 to come). I was a little shocked to see that the watermark was placed on all photo sizes except the original.

I realize I can choose not to display the originals and I will do that anyway, but shouldn't the watermark be placed there. Otherwise we all just become charity photo donors.

http://www.bighotshot.smugmug.com/gallery/3157435#173429304

HI wave.gif
    We can't watermark your originals, then the watermark would be on your prints, too :)

Block originals and then you are safe. All the other sizes are watermarked.

OK?
  • BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    HI wave.gif
    We can't watermark your originals, then the watermark would be on your prints, too :)

Block originals and then you are safe. All the other sizes are watermarked.

OK?

Will do. Thanks Andy. Is there a way to make block originals my default in case I forget to do it?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    BigHotShot wrote:
    Will do. Thanks Andy. Is there a way to make block originals my default in case I forget to do it?
    Make a quicksettings template (in your customize gallery screen) and use it each time you make a new gallery thumb.gif
  • BigHotShotBigHotShot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Make a quicksettings template (in your customize gallery screen) and use it each time you make a new gallery thumb.gif

Thank you, thank you. I am very appreciative of all your help.

I've got a few hours of editing to do and we'll see how long it takes to upload all these images. But these are my first ones for sale so I'm excited to see if anyone wants them. I may have to buy one myself but at least then I can say I made a sale.