Laguna Seca USGP this weekend - who's shooting?

TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
edited July 18, 2007 in Sports
NOw, I realize that the content of this message is probably more appropriate to one of the regional gathering forums, but since it pertains mostly to the folks who post regularly in here, I'm putting it here. Mods, please move it if it seems inappropriate here.

So who is coming out to shoot the racesnext weekend at Laguna Seca? I remember about 5 different threads on here when MotoGP came to California last year, and I figure a lot of them are probably coming out again. Might be a nice idea to have a get together while we're all in one place and enjoying the opportunity to shoot some of the best sports photography out there. Friday night perhaps? MacZippy, F45, BBones, I'm looking at you guys. :D I'll be camping on site and I'll be there at the track from thursday until Sunday.
http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Comments

• BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Sorry, FX is not racing this event so my race team (Darren Murrey and Jimmy Moore, DMD Racing Ducati) is not headed down so I am without a means to get there or get my credentials

:(
  • maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    Hey Tyler...

Yes, I will be there...but my evenings are pretty much all spoken for (gotta schmooze you know), but will be wandering around on Thursday (after picking up my creds) with Emily (my wife...)...

Oh, btw, since Brandon's last photo of me I have lost 32lbs in weight... wings.gif

Andrew :)
    AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
    Next Race - MotoGP Donington
    :ivar

• F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Hi Tyler,

Thanks for thinking about us...it's a nice idea!
    I'll be at the track all weekend too but unfortunately, the evenings are busier for me than the 10 or 11 hours I put in at the track.

I'm staying in Monterey again, so right off the top I'll be losing time waiting for and riding back with the shuttle. Once back to the hotel I'm neck deep in editing, processing and catalog'ing the day's work. This weekend almost doubles the workload as it's a MotoGP/AMA double header. If I'm lucky I'll get a combined total of 6-8 hours of sleep between Friday and Sunday!

Keep an eye out for me around the track...maybe we can say hello and shoot a few laps together. With all the walking invloved, we're sure to have time for a quick chat!

Oh, and Andrew...congratulations on your diligence. That's great news...keep up up the good work thumb.gif
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

edited July 18, 2007
    Chris...!

Actually there's two *less* races this weekend as they're not running the second Superbike race that normally occurs on the Saturday, add to that they're not running Superstock nor Formula Xtreme either (the second Superbike race will run in September along with the normal programme) - okay - make that three less races...!

Thus on Sunday you'll have the MotoGP race followed by the AMA Superbike race (this was done to ease traffic flow)....and the Supersport race will be on Saturday.

Click here for the schedule.

Hey, why are you taking the shuttle into the track? Didn't you get a credential? There is a parking pass included with the hardcard and "schtuff" in the packet.

See you soon.

Andrew

• F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    maczippy wrote:
    - okay - make that three less races...!

Hey, why are you taking the shuttle into the track? Didn't you get a credential?
    OK then...looks like I'll be getting 10-12 hours of sleep from Friday to Sundayrolleyes1.gif
    No credentials this weekend , so I'll have to work on angles from the "envious" side of the fence.
    I hope you have a successful weekend and I'll see you at Mid Ohio!
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

edited July 18, 2007
    F45 wrote:
    OK then...looks like I'll be getting 10-12 hours of sleep from Friday to Sundayrolleyes1.gif
    No credentials this weekend , so I'll have to work on angles from the "envious" side of the fence.
    I hope you have a successful weekend and I'll see you at Mid Ohio!

Well that's a bummer...yes, I'll be at Mid Ohio next weekend (after MotoGP), then home on the Monday as normal, and then back out to Mid Ohio on the Thursday for the AMA Superbike races....

Three weekends in a row.... :wow

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited July 18, 2007
    Good luck fellas!

I'll be thinking of all the fun you'll be having at MotoGP while i'm riding down the coast :D

Looking forward to seeing the goods next week thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?