Privacy: Recommendation Requested

HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited July 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
New Smugger here. I joined because I loved the beauty of the site and the fact that I can really keep my pictures private. I am currently a password protected Smug Island.

How do you recommend I share non family galleries (scenic shots) with friends on a regular basis. "Share Gallery" won't work because I don't want to bother my colleagues with emails each time I put up a new gallery. I would like them to be able to bookmark a page that's automatically updated with new galleries.

Any ideas that will still keep keywork functionality for Family Photos? I probably don't understand all the features of Smugmug yet so please do let me know.

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 16, 2007
    G'day HappyCamper,

Perhaps have a look at ShareGroups

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Interesting! That doesn't seem to work because the Shared GRoup page has a link to my homepage in the navigation panel. It doesn't seem possible to turn that particular navigation off.

Other ideas?
    edited July 17, 2007
    Dear Support,
    I've figured out how to do it, but I need to turn off my username in the Shared Group navigation home page. Is this an option somewhere?

If I make my site a smugisland, I can still share non family photos with non family by creating a "hide owner gallery" and then combining the galleries in a shared group. Now, I just need the shared group homepage to get ride of my username.

possible?

it would be ingenious if we can get this to work. thanks!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    possible?
    yes, but only with a Power user or Pro account, I'm sorry.

In that case, you can add
    .shareHomepage #breadcrumb { display: none; }

and the links to your homepage will not show.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 17, 2007
    Otherwise, you can do what you are doing in reverse.

Have you family albums private...and share them via sharegroups.

And have your other galleries public and accessible for your friends or work mates.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited July 17, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    yes, but only with a Power user or Pro account, I'm sorry.

In that case, you can add
    .shareHomepage #breadcrumb { display: none; }

and the links to your homepage will not show.

Ivar,
    Thank you for the kind response. OK! I will certainly consider Power or Pro!

I'm still in Day One of my account (although I've been a longtime lurker of other people's pics) and am so far very pleased. Nothing like giving it a try with your own pics.

Now... if you had flash video offerings, i would upgrade to pro in heartbeat.

all the best!
    edited July 17, 2007
    Ivar,
    Thank you for the kind response. OK! I will certainly consider Power or Pro!

I'm still in Day One of my account (although I've been a longtime lurker of other people's pics) and am so far very pleased. Nothing like giving it a try with your own pics.

Now... if you had flash video offerings, i would upgrade to pro in heartbeat.

all the best!

Thanks for the idea, David! I'll consider it.