Search code not working in only one gallery

brian.conaghanbrian.conaghan Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited July 17, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I've been using some search code in my gallery comments with good success, but today for some reason one of my galleries just won't take it.

http://conaghan.smugmug.com/gallery/3142685 and http://conaghan.smugmug.com/gallery/3163317 have the exact same code in the comments (except that I added a pointer to the second page after the fact so my customers can get to the search).

In the first gallery the "Search" button does not give any response (as an example search for 952). On the second gallery doing the same search for 952 gives a number of pictures from the race.

I did a literal copy of the comments from the second gallery to the first in order to make sure I did not screw up the code, and got the same results.

I do not think I have anything different in the gallery customizations, but it seems like something is disabled for that gallery.

I have verified with both IE6 and Firefox5.

Any ideas why this gallery doesn't like my code?

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Hi Brian,

Try again, please? You had the first gallery appearance setting set to 'SmugMug' instead of 'Custom'. That way no custom code (such as the JavaScript needed for the search) is loaded. I changed it to 'Custom' for you.

Let me know if this solves your problem thumb.gif
  • brian.conaghanbrian.conaghan Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Yep, that fixed it. I figured it was something like that, but did not know which flag to switch.

Thank you very much,
    Brian
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Yep, that fixed it. I figured it was something like that, but did not know which flag to switch.

Thank you very much,
    Brian
    you're welcome. Glad it is working now. Cool thing, those number searches thumb.gif