Cannon XT or XTi Good???

Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited July 17, 2007 in Cameras
My mom is looking to buy her first dslr what do you think of these? I am a Nikon person but she really likes canon. Thanks =)
Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
BLOG

Comments

• claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Well, I don't know about cannons--you probably ought to ask the army about that... mwink.gif

However, Canons I can talk about. :D Most of us here are Canon shooter, so are biased, myself included. I think the Rebels are a great way to get into DSLRs. Low entry cost which allows more money for better lenses which will follow her when (if) if comes time to upgrade to a better body later. thumb.gif
  • hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Both are good entry cameras. To answer your topic question: IMHO, I'd get the XTi over the XT. But be sure its the Canon and not a cannon!rolleyes1.gif
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    Oops rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    rebel xti is a fine body... its all in the lenses and the nut using them thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    I am looking to move out of the Konica Minoltas I have into either Canon or Nikon and ahve noticed that there is only approx $300 difference between the XTi and the 30D body.....I do my comparisons on Ebay mostly at CAmeta Camera which I have had great experience buying from....they are in AmityVille .....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    For a first time dslr user, I don't know if the few benefits of a 30D are worth the money. That $300 bucks could buy her a 35/2 and 8gb CF card, 50/1.4, a tripod, camera bag, or something like that. IMHO, money well spend elsewhere.