Options

anyone want to sell images?

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited February 19, 2005 in Flea Market
(Hope this the correct forum to post this)

Hi everyone:

I'm nearing completion of a new store and need an image to create framed art over a fireplace.

My architect and I feel a b/w image conveying life in Southeast Asia is the way to go. (The interior decor is decidely Balinese).

I am about to shop for an image(s) on a commercial site (ie: gettyone.com) but now that I'm a dGrinner I thought I'd offer up the opportunity to someone here first. I might want a single image or three associated images for a trip-tych.

If you have images in your portfolio that fits the genre and are interested please message me and we can discuss the particulars. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    i'm fresh out of southeast asia pics. i have the southeast bronx, will that do? lol3.gif old harry behret has some really cool pics of his days in 'nam, but i don't suppose that'd be good, either. hang in there, you never know who will chime in with pics!

andy
    Angelo wrote:
    (Hope this the correct forum to post this)

Hi everyone:

I'm nearing completion of a new store and need an image to create framed art over a fireplace.

My architect and I feel a b/w image conveying life in Southeast Asia is the way to go. (The interior decor is decidely Balinese).

I am about to shop for an image(s) on a commercial site (ie: gettyone.com) but now that I'm a dGrinner I thought I'd offer up the opportunity to someone here first. I might want a single image or three associated images for a trip-tych.

If you have images in your portfolio that fits the genre and are interested please message me and we can discuss the particulars. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Southern Blvd and Tremont is exactly what I was thinking rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the comment and moving the post to an appropriate forum.

andy wrote:
    i'm fresh out of southeast asia pics. i have the southeast bronx, will that do? lol3.gif old harry behret has some really cool pics of his days in 'nam, but i don't suppose that'd be good, either. hang in there, you never know who will chime in with pics!

andy
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    I have pics of my trip to Thailand, but I don't think those are the kind of pictures you want. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I have pics of my trip to Thailand, but I don't think those are the kind of pictures you want. mwink.gif
    you dawg!!! :):
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I am about to shop for an image(s) on a commercial site (ie: gettyone.com)
    How do you like gettyone.com/gettyimages.com? I just took a quick look around but it seems the only way to get some info on pictures is to register. Im a bit hesitant to sign up since it asks for name/address, etc and I dont want to be surprised with a bill out of the blue.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    I have purchased many images from them over the years (I do lots of Art Director work). Registering is non-commital and free of charge. The site is really only established as an online store though.

GerryDavid wrote:
    How do you like gettyone.com/gettyimages.com? I just took a quick look around but it seems the only way to get some info on pictures is to register. Im a bit hesitant to sign up since it asks for name/address, etc and I dont want to be surprised with a bill out of the blue.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Try sending a PM to CMR164 or Seemoon, they have both posted nice shots from trips to Asia.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2005
    thanks

DJ-S1 wrote:
    Try sending a PM to CMR164 or Seemoon, they have both posted nice shots from trips to Asia.
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    thanks
    I am in the Philippines now. What kind of pics are you looking for? Street scenes, resort landscapes, people?
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph