2007 Parts Canada Superbike Championship at Mosport (large photo warning)

TooManyToysTooManyToys Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited July 18, 2007 in Sports
Normally I shoot the ALMS racing up at Mosport International Raceway in Bowmanville, ON Canada. For those that don’t know, it’s just outside Toronto. This year, I decided to head up and check out the motorcycle racing festivities on July 13-15. 3 days of racing, some stunt demonstrations by the 2007 Freestyle World Champion, Christian Pfeiffer and a Saturday concert featuring Edwin who is the former lead singer of I Mother Earth.

The weekend started off fine but then was hampered by rain part way through Saturday. After the racing finished and the rain stopped in the evening, we walked the 2.5 mile track. You’ve got to hand it to the racers who braved the elements... that track was like ice when wet!!

Here are a few shots of some action when it was sunny... I hid in my tent during the rain. :rofl

6206982-md.jpg

6206981-md.jpg

6207002-md.jpg

6206986-md.jpg

6206992-md.jpg

There's a few more photos to see on my page at photo.net if you are interested.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=2135616&include=all

Comments and critiques are always welcome. This was my first stab at shooting motorcycles and I don't know why but I found it a lot harder than shooting cars around the same track...:dunno Also, I had to resize these photos and they seem to have lost some of there sharpness.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Comments and critiques are always welcome. This was my first stab at shooting motorcycles and I don't know why but I found it a lot harder than shooting cars around the same track...ne_nau.gif Also, I had to resize these photos and they seem to have lost some of there sharpness.

Funny, I find it more difficult to capture interesting images of cars. ne_nau.gif

You might try composing/cropping tighter, to rid your images of distracting elements. The first racing shot, with #9 in the lead, is promising. thumb.gif
    Tim
  • TooManyToysTooManyToys Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Funny, I find it more difficult to capture interesting images of cars. ne_nau.gif

You might try composing/cropping tighter, to rid your images of distracting elements. The first racing shot, with #9 in the lead, is promising. thumb.gif

Thanks HM....Hmmm... guess it depends on what you are used to! I was thinking of cropping the images closer and did so with some of them but thought it might be more interesting to show some of the track and surroundings, especially up in Moss' corner where it is quite a steep uphill and immediate right hairpin. The slope of the track is quite noticable as well. It would be interesting to see if more people feel the same as Harvey Mushman. Close crop or not?

Here are a few more which are cropped a little tighter.

6207001-md.jpg

6206993-md.jpg

And here's Jordan Szoke getting ready to sign some autographs for some young fans.

6207003-md.jpg