Resolution for Large Vertical vs Horizontal Pics

HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited July 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Greetings! Quick question. Why do horizontal pics have a large resolution of 600 x 800 by vertical pics only have 450 x 600? Is there a way to make ther vertical ones larger?

Comments

• jim_hjim_h Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    I had the same question recently
    Yes, the vertical images are limited to 600 px. SmugMug apparently feels they need to enforce a presentation that works for the 'average' viewing computer. I'd prefer they left that up to me; I really don't care about total strangers who might happen across my site; it's basically there for people I know.

I believe there is a plan to allow larger images in the future.
  • HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    jim_h wrote:
    Yes, the vertical images are limited to 600 px. SmugMug apparently feels they need to enforce a presentation that works for the 'average' viewing computer. I'd prefer they left that up to me; I really don't care about total strangers who might happen across my site; it's basically there for people I know.

thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2007
    jim_h wrote:

nod.gif SmugMungous is in the works. Thanks for your patience thumb.gif
  • wslamwslam Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    but first make sure the latency/lag issues are solved! no use to have large size if there is some underlying issues that cannot be solved!