edited February 21, 2005 in Sports
Basketball from tuesday night.
16001401-M-2.jpg
16001747-M-4.jpg
16003222-M-4.jpg16003242-M-4.jpg
16003541-M-2.jpg
16003574-M-3.jpg
16003575-M-3.jpg

For the rest of the gallery visit here: http://winger.smugmug.com/gallery/401179

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    What can I say?
    Really nice Karen thumb.gifthumb.gif

All of them (cept the bench shot) have really nice action in them. If you cropped any tighter, you'd lose some interesting parts of the shot. Love the 2 shot series of the dunk.

Looks like you had a good vantage point for all of these shots.

OT: I've gone over to Sportsshooter.com just to see if I can pick up any tips, and either I am really inept (which is entirely possible), or they are hiding the button to "tips and technique". Or, am I mistaken, and do they even have any of this sort of info that can be accessed by us mere mortals? mwink.gif If not, no biggie. Just looking for more input to work with.

Thanks for sharing these,
    Steve

FWIW, you're right. They created this forum cuz we were clogging up the other forums with all these darn sports pics :lol
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    great photos Karen, I checked out your gallery and all I can say is mwink.gifmwink.gif. thanks - Bob.
    Really nice Karen thumb.gifthumb.gif

All of them (cept the bench shot) have really nice action in them. If you cropped any tighter, you'd lose some interesting parts of the shot. Love the 2 shot series of the dunk.

Looks like you had a good vantage point for all of these shots.

OT: I've gone over to Sportsshooter.com just to see if I can pick up any tips, and either I am really inept (which is entirely possible), or they are hiding the button to "tips and technique". Or, am I mistaken, and do they even have any of this sort of info that can be accessed by us mere mortals? mwink.gif If not, no biggie. Just looking for more input to work with.

Thanks for sharing these,
    Steve

FWIW, you're right. They created this forum cuz we were clogging up the other forums with all these darn sports pics :lol
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    I dont think there really is is a tips and techniques forum there. I have been reading other peoples comments about issues and ideas on the message board (anyone can read it but you have to be a memeber to post). And there alot of the sort of features that are archived. I think there is an education section too as well.
    Alot of what I have been doing it just searching through memebers profiles. Seeing what that do, most memeber put who they work for, so if you see AP I usually assume that photographer knows what they are doing. There are also the contests that show great photos too that I use for ideas and inspiration.

Which is getting tough right now, the winter season is long, men's and women's hoops and ice hockey arent doing as well, I find my photography is suffering because of it. I will need to work around that some how.
    But the spring season is starting...yeah to lax!!!!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 21, 2005
    Nice images. Looks like you're not shooting with strobes?
    You've captured some nice action and I like the expression in the
    second shot.

You can find some tips in "Educate Yourself" and by looking through some
    of the newsletters.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    Nice images. Looks like you're not shooting with strobes?
    You've captured some nice action and I like the expression in the
    second shot.

You can find some tips in "Educate Yourself" and by looking through some
    of the newsletters.

Ian
    No I dont have strobes, there are 3 photographers that shoot there that do. But amazingly enough I dont get strobed that often. (athought I had a AWESOME shot of chris borque's goal on friday night and I totally got strobed!!!!)